X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bestgear
    replied
    Originally posted by TrOjAn View Post
    Mines still sitting here next to me it works but as of this moment I am not using it.. if I get some spare time who knows.

TrOjAn

Thanks fo rthe quick reply!

So, after the flurry of excitement, why not used?

What are the downsides etc?

I never did buy as the local stroe only had the higher res model... now I can get the lower ones I am considering a few. I have 3m touchscreens and using Wyse thin clients for now... just fancied the small size and self contained package.

David

Leave a comment:

• TrOjAn
    replied
    Mines still sitting here next to me it works but as of this moment I am not using it.. if I get some spare time who knows.

TrOjAn

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    So - anyone seriously using these devices with HS Touch on an everyday basis care to comment how they have been?

Any highs/lows to report?

David

Leave a comment:

• joserpaq
    replied
    Thanks

Thanks for the quick response. I later saw that they don't ship to the US either so I guess there is no point.

Jose

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    I don't believe Maplin even know they have 2 versions. They are just box shifters these days. Most people now seem to be getting the 800 X 480 versions.

The only guaranteed method is to find a Maplin shop and look at the box. If it is a newer one, there is a sticky label over the screen resolution on the box.

Leave a comment:

• joserpaq
    replied
    Can anyone confirm the device that is currently shipping

I'm interested in getting one of these units but I saw some earlier posts stating that you had received the larger resolution units that were not compatible with HStouch. The current listing on the site that shows the units the maximum resolution is 480x272

Q- What is the screen resolution? - Steve
    Answer- Max Resolution: 480 x 272

Does anyone know if this is what is shipping?

Thanks

Jose

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by Simonk View Post
    ...... and find if there is a way to hide the taskbar.

Thanks again for everyones help

Add the attached exe to a folder called Taskbar on your NAND drive.

Add the following to the end of autorun.mscr script:

Run("\NAND\Taskbar\ShowTaskbar.exe")

Should work!

Despite the name of this file, it toggles the taskbar on/off
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Simonk
    replied
    Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    Done the aerial mod and now works great, no need the move the Access Point :-)

Just need to redisgn my screens now to work with this and find if there is a way to hide the taskbar.

Thanks again for everyones help

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Take a look here: http://maplinmid.hyperboards.com/ind...c&topic_id=103

Leave a comment:

• Simonk
    replied
    Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    Hi Simon,

Yes you can just copy these files from one to the other.

As for WiFi - If you are adventurous, can solder and don't mind loosing your warranty on these devices, you can add a wi-fi aerial within the device to increase it's range.
    I don't mind loosing the warranty on the devices you've got me courious now, what would I need to add to into the device as a WiFi aerial ?

Simon

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Hi Simon,

Yes you can just copy these files from one to the other.

As for WiFi - If you are adventurous, can solder and don't mind loosing your warranty on these devices, you can add a wi-fi aerial within the device to increase it's range.

Leave a comment:

• Simonk
    replied
    Ahaaaa I CAN help on that one, I also came across this, try running the MortScript-4.2-PNA.cab script NOT the PPC one.. it works on mine.

TrOjAN
    That seems to have worked OK, thanks.

I just need to wait till I can get in the loft to move the wireless access point to a more central position in the house as the device isn't picking it up too well where it currently is.

I purchased two of these so can I just copy all the folders from the device that I have set up to the second device ?

Thanks again for your help
    Simon

Leave a comment:

• TrOjAn
    replied
    Ahaaaa I CAN help on that one, I also came across this, try running the MortScript-4.2-PNA.cab script NOT the PPC one.. it works on mine.

TrOjAN

Leave a comment:

• Simonk
    replied
    Make a folder on your NAND drive called HSTouch,

COPY all those files above into it..

Enjoy, it DOES work.

TrOjAn
    I done the above and now moved on to the next step :

Install the PPC CAB version of MortScript from http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...n=view&menu=29

Copy the downloaded file to your \NAND drive. Run the cab and install this on your \NAND drive in a directory called 'MortScript'
    TrOjAn
    But now when I try to Install the MortScript-4.2-PPC on my workstation a get a couple of errors as per the attachments. Capture 1 and then when I OK that Capture 2.

Maybe be I should try this again in the morning with a fresh head !
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• TrOjAn
    replied
    Make a folder on your NAND drive called HSTouch,

COPY all those files above into it..

Enjoy, it DOES work.

TrOjAn

Leave a comment:

Working...
X