Apple Tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think these pictures sum it up

Yeah, I agree with the critics. The word is that they might did it purposely like with Iphone. The will have the new and better version in a few months for $500 higher....
    Attached Files
    A Person is Smart. People are Dumb, Panicky Dangerous Animals.
    1,500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe.
    500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat.
    15 minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet.
    Imagine what you’ll know tomorrow.
    TLJ in MIB

Comment

as much as people want windows on a tablet, the atom cpu stinks. it's slow, uses too much power and requires a separate gpu. i'm looking forward to a tegra based android or chrome os tablet. if i need windows, i can rdp onto my server.
      Last edited by damage; January 28th, 2010, 12:38 PM.

Comment

kinda funny rereading this thread now that Apple has already sold over 2million of them....
        HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Sure they sold a lot, but Apple still sucks

My feelings are the same, the build some really cool stuff but leave out all of the things that would make a true geek happy.

Some interesting tablets still to come this year.... in 5 years this will be a really funny thread to read.
          Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

I was playing with the Weather Underground web weather app and attempting to use a slider. How does one use a slider on a web page? When you side it the app slides. Things like this drive me crazy when using Apple ware.
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              I was playing with the Weather Underground web weather app and attempting to use a slider. How does one use a slider on a web page? When you side it the app slides. Things like this drive me crazy when using Apple ware.
              I never thought of that. I'm betting based on the element type this could be avoided... I bet some sliders would work, what kind of slider are you trying to use on a webpage? There are so many 3rd party sliders to choose from one of the is bound to work.
              Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
                I never thought of that. I'm betting based on the element type this could be avoided... I bet some sliders would work, what kind of slider are you trying to use on a webpage? There are so many 3rd party sliders to choose from one of the is bound to work.
                This isn't my page but rather WeatherUnderground's radar web page. It's not just theirs either but all sliders on web pages. It's really annoing when you want to zoom in on Google Maps and a double click isn't recognized and the sliders will not slide. At least on this web page you can choose the + or - to move.
                -Rupp
                sigpic

Comment

I see, that does suck with it's out of your control. They probably want you to use an app for weather, not a webpage.
                  Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Joe; how are the Mimo TS's working for you? How many VM clients / TS's are you running from one box? Are you using local power via USB hubs? How are responses?
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
                    HS4 Pro - V4.0.5.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X
                    HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

When HTC introduced their Touch sliding applications (way before IPhone) I tried them. I guess I still was very used to the touch point and click on my MS Mobile phone and removed the touch sliding applications.

I think there will be a "few" used IPads sold after folks find that they are not using them too much. My neighbor won one in a contest about a month ago and its just collecting dust today.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
                      HS4 Pro - V4.0.5.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X
                      HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                      X