No announcement yet.

Anyone have an Archos 9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This does make wall mounting a challenge. That's a shame. Thanks for the pics and information though. These should be a much better platform for HSTouch than the new iPad though. I wonder where the iPads plugin is located? I need to check.

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatingIT View Post
      This does make wall mounting a challenge. That's a shame. Thanks for the pics and information though. These should be a much better platform for HSTouch than the new iPad though. I wonder where the iPads plugin is located? I need to check.
      I'm sure we can figure out something, even if it means making a dummy battery for the back. (ipad can't do that) though I suspect there will be a few companies who make wall mount ipad docking stations.

As for the Archos, I think I could work around that power cord if I really had to. I'm picturing putting it up near a door frame on the right side where I could chisel out a little bit of my frame to hide the cord perfectly. I'm sure many people would have a problem doing this. A few other ideas for hiding cords come to mind, at least when wall mounting.

My biggest problem hiding that cord would be if I'm trying to use it on a desk, like a picture fame, then I'd want something more of a docking station where I could just pick it up and use it.
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

I left mine unplugged and with minimal use (about 10 minutes) the battery ran out after about 48 hours. The unit defaults to powering down, blue LED blinks when it powers down. I have to log back in, since I set up a password. I'll look into changing settings this weekend. I'm guessing battery life in the 2-3 hour range under constant use.

My Sony laptop was supposed to have a battery life of 2.5 hours out of the box, but 45 minutes seems to be the norm, but I changed it to balanced so it may last longer now. Maybe same is true of ARCHOS 9.

Comment

For those still interested . . .

The Archos 9 with an upgraded 1.2GHz Atom Z515 CPU with Hyper-Threading and Intel Burst Performance Technology is now available for purchase.

I'm still getting one after I get my ISY and Homeseer all set up.

Comment

Working...
          X