Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
    BUT, how well does it perform?

I've got an old Pentium I can sell you cheap...doesn't mean it's going to run well!

Most of the time, I've seen these Android based tablets just NOT perform very well. So, if it does not do well stock, how can it then run something added on (HSTouch) and "feel" as good as an IPAD?

--Dan
    True - stay away from the MID tablets running 1.6. HSTouch looks ok on it, but the lags are noticeable.
    HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
    64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
    Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Is this a serious question? If so then HomeSeer isn't getting the message out. Not to mention 4 out of 10 posts are about the new Android HSTouch client.

http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1047

yes it was. I haven't looked for an Android client and I thought I saw some post asking if it would be supported a few months ago. (Must have been old posts.)

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
      HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
      2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
      USB UIRT
      Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
      WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
      HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
      HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
      2GIG Thermostat
      BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
      BLUPS
      UltraLog (SQL2008)
      Jon00 Plugins
      Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
      Global Cache IP2IR
      Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
        BUT, how well does it perform?

I've got an old Pentium I can sell you cheap...doesn't mean it's going to run well!

Most of the time, I've seen these Android based tablets just NOT perform very well. So, if it does not do well stock, how can it then run something added on (HSTouch) and "feel" as good as an IPAD?

I agree that they limit your ability (can't run much in the background), but the iPhone, iPad, iPod really do FEEL fast. It's about resource allocation.

I have mobile 6.1, run spbmobile shell. I can tell when I've got too many things open in Opera, as mobile shell "pops" across the screen when I drag my finger...but when Opera isn't hogging all the resources, it runs 90% as well as an iPhone's touch interface.

--Dan
        All the more reason to spring the extra $100 for the iPad. It does what it's designed to do brilliantly. The other point is that there are a ton of mounting options for the iPad. With dozens of different Android tablets out there soon, there'll be less incentive for a manufacturer to tool up production for low volume sales (of a specific brand/model)

I had HSTouch on a WM6 device. Almost threw it out the window on cab ride back from the airport. Went home, dropped off luggage and straight to AT&T store to buy iPhone. A few weeks previous on trip to Napa, every time I wanted to surf web, look at a map, etc. I pinched my Wife's iPhone. i haven;t used Android so I can't comment on that .

-- Mark

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
        HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
        2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
        USB UIRT
        Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
        WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
        HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
        HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
        2GIG Thermostat
        BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
        BLUPS
        UltraLog (SQL2008)
        Jon00 Plugins
        Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
        Global Cache IP2IR
        Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Apple showed what could be done with some tight programming/OS offering a very no frills head end and making the device thin and pleasing to the eye.

Apple sold many Ipads effectively marketing it. There's not much meat to it other than a large flat and thin LCD tablet with an OK CPU and a little bit of memory and a well written very tight OS.

Historically over the last 10 years there have been many attempts at the small web based tablet and most of them really never caught on.

Check out this link starting around 2001 or so. Its about an Epod. I had one. (BTW pete is me on that forum).

http://www.linux-hacker.net/cgi-bin/...age=0&Session=

An effective OS, fast CPU and some memory plus low cost like new gen Android tablets will have a much larger market share of the HA folks that really wanted the functionality of an IPAD but were not going to pay for it.
          Last edited by Pete; October 21st, 2010, 12:11 PM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
          HS4 Pro - V4.0.5.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X
          HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

But 7" is too small.
            Too small to what? It works brilliant for HStouch, surfing, email and games, and that's basically all I expect from these devices...
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

But 7" is too small. Why didn't they make this a bit larger? Do companies do surveys anymore?
              Rupp, you're so cute. You say that a 7" is too small, but in another thread you recommend the 7" HST Touchscreen
              HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
              64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
              UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
              Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                Rupp, you're so cute. You say that a 7" is too small, but in another thread you recommend the 7" HST Touchscreen
                The HST Touch screen is a wall mount device that is PERFECT for HSTouch but for a hand held PC it needs to be much larger for surfing and the like. Thanks for the compliment though
                -Rupp
                sigpic

Comment

The HST Touch screen is a wall mount device that is PERFECT for HSTouch but for a hand held PC it needs to be much larger for surfing and the like.
                  Well, that's a matter of opinion.

I like my 7" Android. And it fits in the inner pocket in my coat. Try that with an iPad.

If I need something bigger, I have a laptop. And my laptop is only 150 grams heavier than an iPad (and more usefull).
                  HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                    Well, that's a matter of opinion.
                    Yep, and you know what they say about opinions
                    -Rupp
                    sigpic

Comment

Yep, and you know what they say about opinions
                      Mine's better?

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                        Mine's better?
                        That's funny.
                        -Rupp
                        sigpic

Comment

I just dug up (haven't used it in about 5 years) my first "in-wall" small 7" Touch Screen VGA monitor. It was an automotive style with a clam shell (to fit in the back of a head rest for passenger view). I've since switched over to 8" 4:3 and 9" wide screen. The 7" Mimo is the same but the depth is much thinner. The 7" has three cables out of it from the back (USB, VGA and a combo analogue / power cable). The "clam" shell and the cables coming out of the back of the monitor made for easy mounting. You still needed to cut a hole for the clam shell to give it an "in wall look". The 8" 4:3 VGA LCD touchscreen is a bit more difficult for mounting in that all three cables come out of the bottom of the monitor between the front and the back. No real easy way to mount it unless you mount it on the surface. Recently found a smaller/thinner 12" VGA Industrial style (not really pleasing to the eye) and having the seller made a 100mmX100mm vesa mount on the back it it. The case is all metal and involves disassembly. The VGA, Power and Serial (USB) are all recessed in the back of the monitor out of the way of the new proposed VESA mount See what it looks like when he's done.
                          Last edited by Pete; October 22nd, 2010, 01:41 PM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
                          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
                          HS4 Pro - V4.0.5.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X
                          HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

This look realy nice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmwlGd1w6cg
                            This is a Zenithink ZT-180 ePad.

Comment

Funny the comments are more related to the music than the tablet.

This tablet does have a faster CPU...but looks like many users are not too happy with it other than the $160 USD price for it....

I have considered this one a few times in the last couple of weeks.
                              - Pete

Auto mator
                              HS4 Lite -

Comment

Working...
                              X