Homeseer VR Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeseer VR Questions

Sorry, but starting with some really basic questions ...

I've used Alexa for quite a while and it works fine. I've also used the Alexa plugin and it works fine....but

1) Homeseer can do it's own vr ...correct?...most of the manual seems to refer to Alexa

2) In my case, I need to use two sound cards due to the physical topology for cabling i need to deal with...It looks that works with multiple copies of the Alexa plugin. Is that possible directly with HS3?

3) When my speaker client loads it properly announce HS3, but I get the following message...

:Error loading grammar file C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Grammar\Grammar_AudioRecorder#Default_Final.xml : Exception from HRESULT: 0x80045003

I saw a post and deleted this file thinking it was corrupt ...but it still gives the same message when it rebuilds a new file.

ANY help would really be appreciated!

Tom

Current Date/Time: 10/16/2019 11:53:42 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 1 Day 2 Hours 45 Minutes 6 Seconds

Number of Devices: 473
    Number of Events: 192
    Available Threads: 800
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 4
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.61.0: BLBackup
    3.0.30.0: BLLock
    2.0.6.0: BLMarantz
    3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger
    3.9.610.5: HSBuddy
    3.1.0.17: MeiHarmonyHub
    3.0.0.34: Nest
    3.0.0.63: PHLocation2
    3.0.11.13: weatherXML
    3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Hi,
    Sorry, no idea on that error, I've never seen anything like that.

Homeseer can do voice recognition itself.

I did have whole house audio working with another setup, but I discovered a better system by a user on here, AshaiRay
    He has it fully documented on his own web site here: http://members.home.nl/b.vanzoelen/ZMCVRpart1.htm

I'd read through all sections - ZMC 3, ZMC 4 and the VR parts.

You can find the XAP800 programmable mixers from around 20- on ebay; I already have a couple I was using with the other setup & I'm in the middle of rebuilding the audio side to add stereo music playback.

If you are only wanting a single mic, and good quality one connected to a PC sound card should work.

The really important thing for good speech recognition, with either a single mic or multi-room setup, is to avoid echoes and reverberation, so either the mic wants to be clear of all hard surfaces or it needs to be flush with a wall. That's where PZM "pressure zone" microphones come in to it, as they use the flat surface as a kind of amplifier, where pressure peaks as sound is reflected.

Comment

Thanks! I've used HS Speaker and it just triggers off all kinds of stuff. I think it's confidence setting in the plugin that helps that not happen? Anyway, I don't have mic cables in every room. I do have Ethernet and the Dante sound card is studio recording quality with Ethernet as the transport. The Dante adapters are not cheap per mic, but I have lots of mics since I have a recording studio and like old PC's, spares just seem to build up . Unfortionaly, the one I have laying around are not PZM, but work well...the Dante adapters will even provide 48 volts, but do need POE.

Comment

Working...
      X