AP800 status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AP800 status

I am trying to get the status of the various AP800 settings via the serial port. I can set parameters, like preset, but If I try to query the status I get nothing. The AP800 documentation says that leaving the preset number as null should return the present setting.

The following sets the preset to 1 and returns a ton of status:
    errortxt = hs.SendToComPort(comport,"#10 PRESET 1"&CHR(13))

This returns nothing:
    errortxt = hs.SendToComPort(comport,"#10 PRESET"&CHR(13))

Am I missing something? I have tried several other commands looking for status with the same results.

Thanks, Gardner

Yes, you should be using my script to do it so you can save yourself a ton of time and trouble. Besides, it makes me feel like I didn't waste all my time documenting it.

Secondly, issuing PRESET with no argument will cause the AP800 to send back the current preset. That value doesn't come back in the CALL, it comes back on a read from the serial port.

So you'd need to issue the command and then read from the serial port to get the result.

Dan

Comment

Here are the results, using my script, of a test of the PRESET command. You can see that my request for the PRESET returned "1", which means PRESET 1 is the current preset.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">3/11/2006 5:07:16 PM </td> <td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Info </td> <td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Event Trigger "Connect to AP800"</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">3/11/2006 5:07:16 PM </td> <td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Info </td> <td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">Running script in background: ap800lib.js("connect", null)</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">3/11/2006 5:07:16 PM </td> <td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Info </td> <td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Connecting to AP800 at 38400 baud...</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">3/11/2006 5:07:16 PM </td> <td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Info </td> <td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">AP800 connected</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">3/11/2006 5:07:16 PM </td> <td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Debug </td> <td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">AP800 DATA OUT [#10 UID]</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">3/11/2006 5:07:16 PM </td> <td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Debug </td> <td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">AP800 DATA IN [#10 UID B4669B38]</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">3/11/2006 5:07:19 PM </td> <td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Info </td> <td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Event Trigger "Test Preset"</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">3/11/2006 5:07:19 PM </td> <td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Info </td> <td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">Running script in background: ap800lib.js("requestPreset","0")</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">3/11/2006 5:07:19 PM </td> <td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Debug </td> <td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">AP800 DATA OUT [#10 PRESET]</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">3/11/2006 5:07:19 PM </td> <td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Debug </td> <td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">AP800 DATA IN [#10 PRESET 1]</td></tr></tbody></table>

Comment

Dan,
        Thanks.
        I really do plan to use your scripts, I just haven't gotten around to playing outside of vbscript. You didn't waist your time, I stole (borrowed) several ideas from your work. I guess I should go back and take a look again.
        I can't remember which post the scripts were in? Can you tell me where to find them again?

Never mind, I found it....

Thanks again,
        Gardner
        Last edited by gcyeaw; March 11, 2006, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Dan,

I am just starting with the Ap800. Could you possibly send me a copy of your scripts (barry@the-gordons.net) or tell me where I can download them.

Thanks.

Comment

For those of you looking for the scripts, they're located here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=108876&highlight=ap800+scripts

Comment

Thanks. I will probably have lots of questions so I may as well start now.

1) Audio Output of HS: I only use audio out of HS for anouncements. I plan to take this output (the two stereo channels are identical so I only will use one) and feed it into the AP800 for echo cancellation.

2) The whole house audio system operates in full stereo. I plan to combine the two channels (any suggestions on how to do that would be appreciated, I don't want to lose channel separation), and feed that into the Ap800 for Audio Cancellation

3) The Home Theater has a very highend audio system (full 7.1 discrete for DTS) but I believe (need to check) the Audio processor always provides a derived left and right channel. It might just be the left and right of the full 7.1. If it is just the left and right I will probably want to combine (without losing separation) all 7 channels. Suggestions/equipment on how to do that would be appreciated. If it is a good representation of the full audio, I will use the same solution as I use in (2).

All help appreciated. Thanks in advance
              Last edited by Barry Gordon; March 15, 2006, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X