Ceiling Mounted Mics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ceiling Mounted Mics

Does anyone have experience on mounting VR mics in the ceiling? I know that some have said not to do it, but to me, in many rooms, it seems like its not only the best location, but also the easiest, and maybe visually the best. The Crown mics claim to be ceiling mountable, so I don't think its very far fetched. I have 12' ceillings, and most of my rooms are pretty square. I do realize that I would probably need to speek up to the ceiling for it to work.

Originally posted by anogee
    Does anyone have experience on mounting VR mics in the ceiling? I know that some have said not to do it, but to me, in many rooms, it seems like its not only the best location, but also the easiest, and maybe visually the best. The Crown mics claim to be ceiling mountable, so I don't think its very far fetched. I have 12' ceillings, and most of my rooms are pretty square. I do realize that I would probably need to speek up to the ceiling for it to work.
    Anogee,

I expect it will work acceptably as long as you can keep distance from air vents, ceiling fans, etc. Many of my mics are ~8ft up on walls...

Tape one up for a few days and give it a try!

Paul

Click to visit: www.sbsmarthomes.com
    Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Authorized Russound Dealer & Installer

Personal HA Website

HomeSeer User Profile

Comment

It might seem to be the best but it is NOT. Tried it and I got worse coverage than when wall mounted. One of the data sheets I got from Crown also said not to install in the ceiling.

I'm not an audio techie but I do know it doesn't work very well.

Mount it about head level in the middle of a wall facing where most voice commands will come from.

Comment

Working...
      X