Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pkoslow
    Zap,

I think I just used a standard Ethernet cable... be sure to use terminators on both devices too.

Paul
    Thanks Paul

-Zap
    -Mike-

-Home automation powered by the wind and sun-
    Zotac 9300g-Q9400s-4gb ram-Intel 120 SSD-MS XP
    HS 2.5.0.20, BLlan,BLweather,MCSXap,Jon00 graphing,Jon00 Whois,Snevl/Ten WeatherAlerts
    W2c,Ztroller,z-wave+18,Q100D's,Silex 3000gb
    Zoneminder 1.24.2 - Ubuntu 11.04 x64 on top of Xenserve
    Zoneminder 1.24.2 - Ubuntu 11.04 x64 Zotac D525 atom

Comment

Just bragging here,
      I just received my $200 AP800. It came with not one, but six G-Link cables in original bags. Would these be terminated, or can I use them for ethernet? I have no need at this point for the G-Link. I was lucky enough too, to have a box full of 3-pin phoenix connectors in my desk at work. Each PLC processor I buy comes with three and we don't always need them. Glad I didn't throw them out.
      Now, to put all other projects aside and play with this!!!
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Although not required from what I've seen, the manual suggests that a single AP800 not using the G-Link be terminated. If you don't have a terminator, you can build one with a connector and 100 ohm resistor between terminals 3 and 6 as described above. They are NOT Ethernet connectors.

Comment

Thanks for the tip on termination.
          Yes, I realize the connectors on the AP800 aren't ethenet. I received six cables however, which, if not terminated themselves, which I doubt, can be used in my network. I never seem to have enough cables. I'm always adding something or other to the network.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
          X