help with ap-ware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with ap-ware

Trying to set up my first AP800. I downloaded and installed the AP-WARE software based on the previous links posted. It shows as v 1.5.0 (Build 460). When I run it and try to create a new site all it ever says is "Class Not Registered" and won't work. I notice that the filename field is always blank and can't be filled in.

Any thoughts on how to get this going? The buried FAQ on their support page references this error as that the program must be run as an Administrator, but that's not the issue as I am.

Todd

Todd,

I just started using an AP400 this past week.

First thing i did was upgrade the firmware to 3.5.. you do this through the AP-ware program (i believe)..

It took quite a few resets/different com ports.. etc.. (It sounds like you have the serial comms working fine though)

But after i got it upgraded.. i have had no problem.

Perhaps doing a firmware upgrade is a place to start?

Andrew
    Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

It's not the AP800 itself; I'm talking about the software. I get the same result on any machine I run their software on no matter if the Ap800 is connected or not. It's an issue with the create/save site, and not communications (hasn't even gotten that far). I loaded their software on a few other test machines and get the same thing each time.

Comment

Originally posted by toddgraham
        It's not the AP800 itself; I'm talking about the software. I get the same result on any machine I run their software on no matter if the Ap800 is connected or not. It's an issue with the create/save site, and not communications (hasn't even gotten that far). I loaded their software on a few other test machines and get the same thing each time.
        Sound like you got a bad download for the software, try redownloading the software, and try it again.

-Zap
        -Mike-

-Home automation powered by the wind and sun-
        Zotac 9300g-Q9400s-4gb ram-Intel 120 SSD-MS XP
        HS 2.5.0.20, BLlan,BLweather,MCSXap,Jon00 graphing,Jon00 Whois,Snevl/Ten WeatherAlerts
        W2c,Ztroller,z-wave+18,Q100D's,Silex 3000gb
        Zoneminder 1.24.2 - Ubuntu 11.04 x64 on top of Xenserve
        Zoneminder 1.24.2 - Ubuntu 11.04 x64 Zotac D525 atom

Comment

Seems strange that'd it be a bad software download. I grabbed the ap-ware zip file from http://www.clearone.com/support/libr...p?context=main. File size is 9,827,646. It unzips to the 8 individual disk files and I run setup under disk1. Is there a different AP-WARE archive that someone has? The installed version shows 1.5.0 build 460.

One thing that is strange is in the same docs there is a file name filled in on the Site Properties. I cannot enter anything in this field and it's always blank. Screen cap attached.

Does anyone have a sample site file I can try loading?
          Attached Files

Comment

Did you resart your computer after you installed the APware... you need to...

Comment

Seems strange that'd it be a bad software download. I grabbed the ap-ware zip file from http://www.clearone.com/support/libr...p?context=main. File size is 9,827,646. It unzips to the 8 individual disk files and I run setup under disk1. Is there a different AP-WARE archive that someone has? The installed version shows 1.5.0 build 460.

One thing that is strange is in the same docs there is a file name filled in on the Site Properties. I cannot enter anything in this field and it's always blank. Screen cap attached.

Does anyone have a sample site file I can try loading?
              toddgraham,

heres the downloadlink and a copy of mysite.
              http://www.clearone.com/docs/downloads/AP-Ware.exe

-Zap
              Attached Files
              -Mike-

HS 2.5.0.20, BLlan,BLweather,MCSXap,Jon00 graphing,Jon00 Whois,Snevl/Ten WeatherAlerts

Comment

Thanks for the help Zap. I think I had a combination of problems on the intial software install. Reboot again and another install and it's now able to communicate with the AP800. First step tonight will be to try the firmware upgrade.

Looking through the manual I'm trying to determine how all the physical connections will work. I found posts on the PZ11's and they make sense. But, for the pc input/output I'm not clear. The lineout/in on the soundcard is stereo, the AP800 has +,- and ground. Is everyone just using one side of the audio out to the AP800?<!-- / message -->
                Last edited by toddgraham; July 12, 2006, 06:58 PM.

Comment

But, for the pc input/output I'm not clear. The lineout/in on the soundcard is stereo, the AP800 has +,- and ground. Is everyone just using one side of the audio out to the AP800?<!-- / message -->
                  toddgraham,

Iam using the M-Audio1010lt for a soundcard on my system, and just using one channel for the input for HS.

All my mics,stereo,tv, ect, and also feeding the sound output from the M-Audio ( HS anouncements ) from the sound card back to the AP800.

Hope this makes sense.

-Zap
                  -Mike-

Comment

Tod be really carefull... The software hates win XP if you have a computer running win 98 I would use it...

Comment

Originally posted by synchroman
                      Tod be really carefull... The software hates win XP if you have a computer running win 98 I would use it...
                      Yes, it doesn't seem to like XP very well, But it works great on win 2000

-Zap
                      -Mike-

Comment

Well I got the firmware upgraded to 4.3 and ApWare can now communicate with it.

Successfully have the single PZ11 microphone directly connected and VR is taking input. Now just have to work on the line in/out and the matrix setup!

Thanks for the help so far!
                        Last edited by toddgraham; July 12, 2006, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X