AP800 Quetion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AP800 Quetion

OK Finally got my AP800 hooked up. My problem is connecting to it with a computer. I have the serial cable connected, etc.

If I create a NEW Site, then "Connect" the AP Ware software finds my AP800 and I'm connected. All works. But if I save the site. Then open it, I can't seem to get it connected to the AP800 like it was when I initially connected. I try "connect" but nothing seems to happen, and the "earth" doesn't spin. On the bottom it says "disconnected." But then if I create a new site, it connects fine. The problem with this is that I lose all my naming of inputs and outputs.
    Last edited by anogee; October 30, 2006, 12:37 PM.

First, make sure your site properties and the AP800 properties in APWare are set correctly -- right COM port, right baud rate, right handshake, etc.

Second, don't feel alone -- I struggle with this issue constantly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've found I can make it work more often than not if I go and commit different baud settings on the AP800 front panel, and then commit them back to where I want.

The problem seems to be that it locks up the connection and won't let go. I can't figure out myself how to reliably connect to the AP800... every time I want to, I scream obscenities.

So, you're not alone. Try a bunch of things. I'd love to know if someone has a 100% reliable method.

Dan

Comment

Thanks!! I will try that. Also, I have it connect at the 38K speed, I wonder if thats asking for trouble. Maybe I should stick with 9600?

Comment

Originally posted by anogee
        Thanks!! I will try that. Also, I have it connect at the 38K speed, I wonder if thats asking for trouble. Maybe I should stick with 9600?
        It makes no difference. It's a kludgey application no matter what you do. It *does* work, though, you just have to be patient

Comment

Working...
        X