Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad AP800

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Bad AP800

    I purchased an AP800 off of e-bay and found that it has a bad MIC input. The first MIC input does nothing but buzz, with, or without a MIC, and with a MIC, picks up absolutely nothing. I suspect that someone, somehow, fried the MIC input. With that said, the other MIC inputs seem fine, and I THINK all the remaining functionality is working fine. Since I never used an AP800 before, I'm assuming that from my testing of the functionality is working as designed, at least it seems to. I don't think there is anything in the settings that would cure the MIC input issue, unless anyone has any ideas!?
    HS: 2.5.0.60
    Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
    Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
    Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

    HSeer: 3.0.0.54
    Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
    Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
    UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
    Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

    #2
    In case he isn't monitoring this forum send a PM to pkoslow. Paul knows these things like nobody else and is an extremely helpful person (especially for someone who lives in California ). Give him a little time to see if he responds then try shooting him a PM/message.

    I bought on of these from him but it is packed away right now. I am fairly certain you can disable any one input fairly easily.

    Do you have the computer software for this, you can control/program via RS-232.


    ~Bill

    Comment


      #3
      I'm sorry, I was thinking the AP400.

      Paul still may be able to help.


      ~Bill

      Comment


        #4
        Yup, I did download the software and I am able to disable the bad MIC input. I am in touch with the seller as well. I do strongly believe the MIC input is bad. I'm just debating about the rest of the functionality at the moment. Gating does seem to work fine, however I haven't been able to deterimine yet if the ambient noise reduction is working yet and some of the other functions. I'll have to see what I can work out with the seller.
        HS: 2.5.0.60
        Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
        Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
        Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

        HSeer: 3.0.0.54
        Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
        Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
        UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
        Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

        Comment


          #5
          jstaab:

          What are the settings for the MIC input? Go into APWare and open up the Inputs page and look at the one for the bad mic.

          When you say it buzzes, you are implying that there's an output somewhere as well. Tell me the settings for the output, too.

          If you have two mic inputs set up exactly the same and both being routed in exactly the same way to the same output, but mic 1 buzzes and mic 2 does not, then yes, I'd say someone fried the input.

          However, there are a number of factors in the AP800 that control what you hear, not just the mic.

          I'm not as knowledgeable as Paul, but I'll try to help if I can.

          Dan

          Comment


            #6
            Hey Gang,

            It sounds like jstaab already has the APWare software connected and working and I agree that if all his settings on the first channel match those of channels that are working, there is likely an issue with that input.

            I don't remember any combination of settings that would cause static on a given channel so it is most likely damaged...

            jstabb - Welcome to the club, sorry you're off to a shaky start!

            Cheers,
            paul

            Click to visit: www.sbsmarthomes.com
            Santa Barbara Smarthomes

            Authorized Russound Dealer & Installer

            Personal HA Website

            HomeSeer User Profile

            Comment


              #7
              MIC1 is mapped to Output 1. The other MIC inputs do seem fine. To make a long story short, the box took a rather nasty hit during shipping from what I can tell. The mounting bracket is actually bent and scraped down to the metal. But, I'm not 100% that it is the culprit. I've tried everything I could find in the software and I do believe the input is fried. At this point, it sounds like I"m working with the seller and he is going to put in an claim on the shipping insurance. I appreciate everyone reading this. My hands are tied at the moment as to what I'll be doing with the unit.
              HS: 2.5.0.60
              Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
              Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
              Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

              HSeer: 3.0.0.54
              Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
              Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
              UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
              Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

              Comment

              Working...
              X