Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote mic

Hi,

I'm planning to use homeseer installed on a master pc, with a graphic interface such as maestro or mainlobby. And to be able to use this sytem all over my home, I'm gonna use a tablet pc in remote control on the main PC.
    Here is my question: could it be possible to use the mic of my tablet pc for voice recognition?
    In my configuration this could be really interesting, because using a tablet as a remote means that the tablet is always near me...

Does anybody have an idea or suggestion for that?

Thanks

Fred

Am I the first to imagine this way of doing that??

Comment

I use a walkie-talkie with fair results. The voice quality has to be quite good for it to work well.

Comment

I tried using the mic on my tablet with the remote client and it was not very responsive unless I spoke directly into it.

To improve this I attached an external mic, this worked better, but it limited the portability of the tablet so I removed it.

Comment

SO you say that when you use the remote client of homeseer you can use the local mic to control Homeseer on another PC? I know small mics that are directly mounted on the jack plug... That would be better for portability

Comment

I use a bluetooth headset and usb bluetooth dongle on a remote speaker client, works very well
            Over The Hill
            What Hill?
            Where?
            When?
            I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

I use a tablet PC with the speaker client running, and I can talk to it across the bedroom (10 - 15 feet) with just the tablet's built-in mic. As a remote, it's a little big to just carry around...

Comment

Working...
              X