Wiring mic into AP800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring mic into AP800

I'm trying to connect a sub-miniature omni-directional electret condenser microphone to my AP800 unit for test purposes. I realise that these are very cheap mics and probably won't get the best quality but I just want to test the unit first before spending money on decent microphones.

Specifications can be found here

Attached are two images, Original Mic showing the original diagram from the specifications and the other Modified Mic showing how I have connected it to the AP800. My understanding is that the items inside the dotted box are actually in the microphone. I have put in what I beleive the circuit show, 1 X 4.7uF Capacitor and 1 X 1k Resistor. Coulered lines in my diagram show the wires I have connected the mic to, red being red, black being black and silver being the shield wire.

I cannot seem to get any output from this microphone when connected this way, have I connected it correctly or not ?

Any help gratefully appreciated !

Simon
    Attached Files

The AP800 can power mics that use what is called phantom power. Since phantom power is 48V give or take, it can't power your mics without some mods, so keep the battery, and turn OFF phantom power for that mic in the AP800. Ground and negative are connected together and then to the shield of the mic, the positive on the AP800 connects to the mic output. This is less than ideal, but should work. The AP800 is designed for professional differential mic inputs, and the BEST way to convert from RCA to differential is use a device like a ART CleanBox. http://www.8thstreet.com/product.asp...ry=Accessories

Comment

Comment

Anbody else know whether it is possible to use the phanton power for these mics as they recommend a 45v supply ? And how it should be connected

Comment

Working...
        X