Using AP800 for switching speaker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using AP800 for switching speaker.

OK although Ive placed this question in another thread, in this forum but I want it to make stand alone from other threads. I would like to known the procedures on how to make the Ap800 switch speaker around. Anogee mentioned it in the other thread ,but I need to know hows it done, and if there is any software involved.

If Dantelope can share his method his welcomed to post it here. I wounder where are all those guys that use to check on this forum. Seems to me that Iam the only one doing this.... OK, thanks
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Anogee

Can you help figure out how to send the commands to the ap800 for speaker switching I have already loaded the ispeaking plugin, I just cant figure out how HS sends those command to the AP. can you send me a copy o those commands and some instructions please...
    Hector
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

This takes a few steps. First, learn how the AP800 works. Have you played with the matrixing? Can you control your switching with AP Ware? HomeSeer switching is nothing more than automating the switching you can do with AP Ware. If you can't switch your speakers with AP Ware, then don't even consider doing it with Homeseer.

Once you can switch with AP Ware, then doing it with HomeSeer is easy. You do it with the Matrix command. The MATRIX command is documented in the User's Guide. Try using Windows Terminal to send the AP800 commands in ASCII. Once you can do that, there is an AP800 script floating around that can communicate with it, or you can write your own.

So can you control the AP800 matrix with AP WARE? Can you send it commands with Windows Terminal? Those skills are required first. Do you have your mics and speakers wired up to the AP800?

Comment

Anogee

Yes I have the Mic's installed and all is wired to ap. all is working as it should. But I have not master the switching capability's. I ve studied the pins configuration part of the ap software and the commands that are in the book but, I just can understand how each thing marry them selfs. Since I have no ability's as a programmer, I might have to go the other way, (I/O board).

thanks for responding back guy.
        Hector
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

No matter if you communicate with the AP800 via ASCII commands or if you communicate with it via toggling hardware pins, it still requires software to drive it in either case. The only difference is if you are sending commands to an hardware I/O board or if your sending commands directly to the AP800. Otherwise, everything else is the same in both cases.

Comment

Still good?

Hey sorry for resurrecting an old thread but wondering if the AP800 is still the recommended mixer for multi room homeseer mics and telling homeseer which speaker output to use.

If there is a simpler solution to telling homeseer where the user is Based on mic id love to know. Ive just wired my house up for mics and can't wait to get started once its finished at end of year

Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by dj_siek View Post
              Hey sorry for resurrecting an old thread but wondering if the AP800 is still the recommended mixer for multi room homeseer mics and telling homeseer which speaker output to use.

If there is a simpler solution to telling homeseer where the user is Based on mic id love to know. Ive just wired my house up for mics and can't wait to get started once its finished at end of year

Thanks !
              I am using the ap800, I have not heard anything else that has been proven to work. I have not mastered the speaker switching, don't have the ability to understand programming, but the way I have it works fine for me. I only have 1 mic in my f. Room. Maybe I will setup another.... But overall you must master the ap800 basic funtionalty first then go ahead with more complex settings.
              Hector
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
              X