AP800 Toast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AP800 Toast?

I bought an AP800 off eBay and I think it might be bad.

The display on the unit shows Initializing - Error 54 - DSP 4 then it changes to Error 51 DSP 0 and then Error 50 DSP 0. The Error 50 DSP 0 then remains forever. I can't find any info regarding these error codes. I am unable to connect to the unit with APWare. I know it's a good cable and all is configured correctly since I can connect using GTerm to flash the firmware.

I flashed the firmware using GTerm which seemed to work. When I use the other GTerm features such as MemTest, I get a timeout error.

Anyone have a suggestion?

-- greg

Originally posted by noopara View Post
    I bought an AP800 off eBay and I think it might be bad.

The display on the unit shows Initializing - Error 54 - DSP 4 then it changes to Error 51 DSP 0 and then Error 50 DSP 0. The Error 50 DSP 0 then remains forever. I can't find any info regarding these error codes. I am unable to connect to the unit with APWare. I know it's a good cable and all is configured correctly since I can connect using GTerm to flash the firmware.

I flashed the firmware using GTerm which seemed to work. When I use the other GTerm features such as MemTest, I get a timeout error.

Anyone have a suggestion?

-- greg
    greg

I bought a ap800 some time ago in ebay with the same problem. if you can't make any adjustments to the ap thru it front buttons ,then your ap is bad. I ended up trade in my ap and $150 an I got a refurbished on. sorry!!!
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Rotech,

Thanks for the info.

I called ClearOne and they walked me through the procedure of reseting the AP800 but it didn't change anything. They said it was defective. They said I could return it for repair for a minimum of about $1100. They didn't offer me the $150 deal. Maybe they don't have anymore refurbished units. I'll give them a call back.

-- greg

Comment

Dont do anything!!!!

Originally posted by noopara View Post
        Rotech,

Thanks for the info.

I called ClearOne and they walked me through the procedure of reseting the AP800 but it didn't change anything. They said it was defective. They said I could return it for repair for a minimum of about $1100. They didn't offer me the $150 deal. Maybe they don't have anymore refurbished units. I'll give them a call back.

-- greg
        No,no,no there are some 2 party people who fixing the units in chicago. They are factory trained by clearone.They also have technical support, I sent mine in and they just sent me back a refubished one and $150.00 with a 90 day warranty, I will see if I can find there name.
        Hector
        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I am not sure if this is permited in this forum but I have posted in the "for sale" forum I have an ap800 im looking to sell if a replacement is what you are looking for,

Comment

Working...
          X