VR never understands me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VR never understands me!

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm posting this on the right area since I don't have an AP800. I've been trying to control HS in my living room using VR. I have the acoustics magic mic and have already trained my profile. Problem is HS never understands what I'm saying. I've tried talking, slow, fast, loud, soft, robotic like, human like, and just about everything in between, nothing seems to work. I use VR in my office pc with the monitor built in mic and that work pretty flawless. I'm not doing anything different than in my living room so the only thing I have to blame right now is the acoustics magic mic. I'm pretty dissapointed with this mic. I've done some record test and the built in mic on my monitor has far superior quality that the acoustics magic. Has anyone here used the acoustics magic mic? If so, how was your experience with it? What other mics do you guys recommend? I also have a problem when watching movies, sometimes the speaker thinks im talking to it and start turning on lights. Is it possible to set the speaker to start listening or stop listening via scripts or events? Thanks for any help and for you time.

Absolutely...

sub main()
    hs.StopListen
    end sub

sub main()
    &hs.startlisten
    end sub

You can also stop listening for commands via VR as well.

Also I believe hs.ListenForCommands FALSE will totally turn VR off

The acoustic magic mike should be ideal....

I use a cheap USB mike from Logitech. and forget about leaving VR active and listening while watching a movie.

Comment

I had the exact same issue and sent mine back.

Thom

Originally posted by txbandit View Post
      Hello, I'm not sure if I'm posting this on the right area since I don't have an AP800. I've been trying to control HS in my living room using VR. I have the acoustics magic mic and have already trained my profile. Problem is HS never understands what I'm saying. I've tried talking, slow, fast, loud, soft, robotic like, human like, and just about everything in between, nothing seems to work. I use VR in my office pc with the monitor built in mic and that work pretty flawless. I'm not doing anything different than in my living room so the only thing I have to blame right now is the acoustics magic mic. I'm pretty dissapointed with this mic. I've done some record test and the built in mic on my monitor has far superior quality that the acoustics magic. Has anyone here used the acoustics magic mic? If so, how was your experience with it? What other mics do you guys recommend? I also have a problem when watching movies, sometimes the speaker thinks im talking to it and start turning on lights. Is it possible to set the speaker to start listening or stop listening via scripts or events? Thanks for any help and for you time.

Comment

This mic is as good a mic as you can get. How do you have it connected to the PC?
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

agreed. If you are having VR issues, it is not that mic that is the issue.

Comment

The mic is fine, you just have very unrealistic expectations for VR in an open space. How far from the mic are you, and does your room have carpet, hardwood floor, or tile, and how high is the mic mounted? Unfortunately VR like you see in the Jetsons just isn't here yet if your more than 5 feet from the mic. If you have floors, it also likely won't work.

Comment

I have been to South Texas a few years ago ... Before that, I thought my ability to understand english speaking people was not that bad
              --
              stipus

Comment

LOL @ Stipus.....

While VR can be somewhat problematic, in a quiet environment I have no trouble using VR many feet from my mike. It even works in the next room.

Comment

The mic is located about 5-6 feet from the couch and about 35" height from the ground. However I've tried speaking into it from about 10" away and it doesn't make a difference. The room it's in has wood flooring with a large rug. As I mentioned on the first post, from the recording test I've done, the built in mic on my monitors are far superior. There is just so much hissing on the acoustics magic. I really can't think of anything to make the acoustics magic work like the mic in my office. What mics are you guys using?

Comment

Logitech USB desk mike.
                    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/we...s/221&cl=us,en

Comment

Crown In-Ceiling PZM11 and Crown MB3

Crown In-Ceiling PZM11 and Crown MB3. They work fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                      X