No Voice Recognition with HomeTroller II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Voice Recognition with HomeTroller II

I tried connecting a SuperCircuits PA3 and a Cyber Acoustics microphone to the HomeTroller. I turned on voice recognition and used "computer" as the attention word. I didn't get any response. The speaker client is working as the HomeTroller just announced the time as 7:30 pm.

I tried setting up one voice command to turn kitchen lights off.

Any ideas on how to get it working?

I'd like to say "Movie Time" and have A/V system switch on Oppo Blu-Ray, Denon Receiver, and Samsung TV, switch lighting from normal to LED wall wash, etc.

sorta fixed

Turns out PA3 power supply was bad and the other microphone plug surround is too big to allow a good stable connection. I now need to get an adapter for PA3, since I seem to be losing a lot of signal with the 12' cord I had to use to make a connection.

Comment

Found a solution using a third microphone

I have an Olympus Digital Voice Recorder that came with a detachable stereo Mic. I plugged it into the 12' cord and it works beautifully. I was standing about 10' from the Mic and it understood and followed commands.
      https://emporium.olympus.com/innards...sku=145056-410

<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 borderColor=#111111 cellPadding=2 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2 align=middle><!-- Begin Random Number Generator //--><!-- End Random Number Generator //-->Stereo Microphone (ME53SH) </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=600 align=left>
      Price: $29.99
      </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left><FORM method=post name=form2 action=empAddToCart.asp>

</FORM>
      </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=600 colSpan=2 align=left>Replacement stereo microphone for the one supplied with the DS-30. Frequency Response: 100 - 15,000 Hz
      Directionality: Unidirectional x 2
      Sensitivity: -47 dB at 1 kHz
      Output impedance: 680 Ohms
      Plug Type: 3.5 mm stereo
      Dimensions: 35 x 15 x 29 mm
      Weight: 7 grams
      Item #145056

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
      X