Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless Microphone for Genter AP800

Couple questions here:

will any wireless microphone with with the Genter AP800? I'm assuming a mod will have to be made for some, but I think a little splicing might make it work for the adapter which goes directly into the AP800?

Regardless of the answer of that question, I need some help looking for wireless microphones. I have been reading this forum for a couple days now, and am just not seeing any wireless mic's...I see a lot of crown's, but I am not able to add any wiring to my home (except for one room I can).

My issue with looking is everything I see that is wireless is an actual microphone you would hold, like a singer in a band uses...not very easilly hidden. So, what do they have out there that is smaller, wireless, can transmit through 3 stories of a house (if a piece of hardware is needed to boost the signal, then that is ok), and is up to 200 a piece? I'd like to spend less than 100, but I'll entertain up to 200...hell, I'll entertain anything at this point just to get data on what is out there and what to google search for.

I did see a wireless in ceiling speaker / microphone combo...I'll have to find it again, but that was 170. Not bad as I'll need speakers also, but I think I can find speakers for 30 bucks wirelessly or so.

I bought one a few years ago. Still wanting to test it; its still sitting in the box.

I looked at the box. Its a very nice case with a headphone set configuration. The model number is WM-603 - Wireless transmitter.

Just noticed too that the triple A battery wrapped in plastic had exploded and leaked a bit in one corner of the case. I am not sure where I purchased it but got it really cheap. I believe there some other HS users that bought one around the same time. (many years ago).

Noticed too that it comes with an old fashioned 1/4" microphone plug and converter to standard plug is included.

The manual for it is pretty non descriptive only mentioning model number but no MFG or company name. It saids "made in china" on the transmitter.

The microphone piece is very small clip on mic and you don't need the headset to work it.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
    HS4 Pro - V4.1.11.0 - Ubuntu 20.01/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
    HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

I'm guessing I would have to take the receiver apart and mod it somehow to fit to this device:

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...ds=281-1244-ND

which goes to the AP800, right?

Comment

Reading some of the old threads on the AP800 relating to software utilized makes me think that VR would be almost something you may want to test on another PC maybe with the speaker ap running. Personally / experiencewise I can't really make any recommendations because I never used VR with HS. I know with todays processor power it should work much better than it did years ago. TTS/HS was a feat in itself years ago with a 500Mhz/256Mb PC running HS and AT&T speech fonts years ago.

I personally never played with VR / HS; but played with VR in the 80's-90's. The PC's were much slower then than now but it involved some training of the PC. A cold or subtle changes would have me retraining computer. Too timeconsuming for me though.

Ideally VR for me would work if the computer would recognize my voice from anywhere in the house say like the old Star Trek movies. It would be a separate PC though. Like initially creating a DB footprint of my voice/speech pattern so I could speak from anywhere in the house with strategically placed mics. I believe the technology / HW exists today for said methodology.

VR (for GPS/BT telephone) works in two of my vehicles but typically never use it. It recognizes anyone though with virtually no training but only key words. I prefer my CarPC's manage the devices on the bus of the vehicle via direct input or mapped HU keys input.
        Last edited by Pete; January 16, 2010, 10:27 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
        HS4 Pro - V4.1.11.0 - Ubuntu 20.01/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
        HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

If you are wanting to do VR, I think your best bet would be HSPhone, Way2Call, and a cordless phone. Seems to work very well.... now if HS would fix the hssystem.speak command I'd be all set.....

Comment

Don't wanna do the phone thing, want microphones...I've already researched and thought about this for about a month now...I just need wireless mic's.

My cpu will handle anything I throw at it, no problem there.

Comment

There are many wireless microphones available using a Bing search. If you are going to do this right you need to use high quality professional microphones such as the Crown or Shure lines. You may also want to look at bluetooth mics as an alternative.

http://www.unbeatablesale.com/ptr105...i_sku=PTR10559

http://www.shure.com/ProAudio/Produc...ones/index.htm
              -Rupp
              sigpic

Comment

For some reason HS's ability to accurately recognize speech with HSphone is MUCH better than with mics (at least for me). I find that HSphone speech works for my wife and kids without training; while speech reco with mics is subject to lots of training and switching profiles.

Rupp, is my experiance unique?

-ron

Comment

Working...
                X