No announcement yet.

Crown PZM-11 - what parts are needed to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PZM-11LLWR has same function, same quality and same size (photos are not to scale) - is just weather proof. (Different housing) Here are pics. You can paint the faceplate to wall color and it will almost disappear. This was a plus on the WAF side.
    Attached Files

Comment

Sweet, I'll buy your two that you have...I'll PM ya for the purchase.

heatvent, do you still have a mic for sale and if you do, can you PM me the price?

Comment

I posted on your visitor page of your profile, not sure if that is a regular PM or not...let me know what to do.

Comment

I posted paypal info on visitor page of your profile

Comment

Originally posted by dzirkelb View Post
            I am pretty confident the genter supports phantom power, so that is a definate bonus...only one set of wires going to it, makes it much easier.

K, now to buy stuff...is there a difference in indoor quality between the crown indoor and outdoor mics or is it pretty much a cosmetic difference and the weather proofing?

How much for the one regular one for sale? Very good chance I would buy all three.
            How about $60? I will cover shipping as long as it is reasonable. They are going for $80 shipped on Ebay and more than that retail so it's a pretty good deal.

Comment

Sounds good to me...I send you an email through this site to get your paypal email address and to give you my address.

Comment

Just for info:
                Choice of cable depends highly on your specific setup.
                If you have few electrical appliances in the house and no or few z-wave or other wireless devices around, simple shielded (Radioshack) cable as described earlier in the post will suffice. If you (like me) have tons of high energy field equipment (like plasma screens, microwave ovens and tons of wireless stuff) and the lenght of each mic cable exeeds 5 meters (roughly 16.5 feet) then it is advisable to use professional (stage quality) mic cable (like "Prefer mgk-226" for instance).
                The interference picked up by low grade cable can greatly influence the VR performance. The cleaner the signal reaching the ap800, the better the overall results.

As for the Crown mics:
                They are pretty good and are easy to blend into any home.
                But in my opinion there are some mics out there which are better suited for VR (and yield much better results). I personally use Samson cm10 as directional and cm11 as omnidirectional mics and these are far superior to the crown mics (in my opinion, for this particular AP800 VR setup).
                Even better are the Sennheiser boundary mics, but to outfit a whole house with them would require a second morgage....

Alex

P.s. You can PM me once your hardware is set-up if you need the scripts to control the AP800. I use the serial interface for this because it has proven more flexible then the 25 pin TTL port (a bit slower, but that is of no concern used in a home environment)

Comment

I will definately need some help once it's hooked up. What do your scripts do? I will need to figure out what mic is talking at one time, but figured I'd tackle that after I get one working the way it should.

I ended up buying 1000 ft of 2 Conductor 22 Gauge Shielded Wire, lets hope that is good enough.

I'll see how these mic's perform first, and then visit the possibility of getting different ones for the rest of my house.

Comment

Sound idea. Too many attics are cluttered with spur of the moment acquired electronics ;-)
                    The scripts aren't made by me, but by Dan Rudman in 2005. I just adapted it here and there and integrated it with homeseer events.
                    It controls anything that can be controlled or polled through the COM port on the AP800. You can read all the possible commands in the back of the manual.
                    If you have the need for more high speed interaction with the unit you can opt for a homeseer controlled multi-I/O board connected to the 25 pin connectors. These do instant high/low on status and can be preprogrammed to instantly execute a command on "pin to ground" shorting by for instance a relay.
                    Both are able to show gating (you refer to this as "what mic is talking at one time"), be it that the 2nd option descibed is much better suited for that task (but more expensive because of the additional hardware needed)

Alex

Comment

Working...
                    X