Connecting microphone to HomeSeer questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting microphone to HomeSeer questions

I have a HomeSeer Home Troller and we want it to be operated mainly by voice along with a touchpad and phone access. About hooking up a microphone, I cannot find the right information that would lead me to believe that the microphone plugs into the back of the HomeTroller along with the download software Speaker in order to put in the voice commands. Am I on the right track or way off base? I read something on this forum and also on the HomeSeer website about a Acoustic Magic microphone and it's big and ugly. Is there a better choice and microphones or would this be the best route to take for home automation?

Though I've used environmental control units in the past, I'm new to HomeSeer and more full of questions than answers but I'm wanting to turn that around. Is there a good place to turn in order to fill my knowledge base and find the answers I'm looking for or did I find the right place to turn, this forum? My eyesight has diminished with age and videos work better than reading instructions. Also I'm wanting this system for my wife and I but also our daughter who has problems getting around because of her MS. I appreciate you taking my questions and your answers.<object style="position:absolute;z-index:1000" type="application/x-dgnria" id="plugin0" height="0" width="0">

</object>

Voice recognition is very hit and miss and becomes even more problematic when you try to "whole house" the mic setup. If you are just going to have one mic then yes the Acoustic Magic is one of the better mics available. You simply plugin it into your mic in jack and enable VR via the speaker client. The HS help files have some good information on VR and the speaker client as well.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Running two different style microphones Acoustic Magic &amp; wireless

Thank you. Would it be possible to run two different style microphones without causing any problems? What I was thinking is a microphone like that Acoustic Magic and a second cordless microphone that would allow roaming through the house. Is this a realistic possibility because the combination would be really neat if it'll work? What about switching from one microphone input to the other, would it be a real hassle and not worth the trouble? I'm just trying to think out how this might work that being I'm not familiar with my Troller and the inner workings, I draw large question mark when I try and think it out.
      <object style="position:absolute;z-index:1000" type="application/x-dgnria" id="plugin0" height="0" width="0">

</object>

Comment

Working...
      X