Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client not hearing me

I have 2 problems

1.I plugged in the mic in my hometroller and when I speak nothing shows in the log of the speaker client. The client is set for"computer" for attention phrase but when I say it noting happens in the log I tried the plug on the front and also the one on the back. I tested the mic and it works.

2.I also want to run the client on my laptop. I set up the client and put my hometroller ip address and it connects to it but I get the following error in the log"Error creating grammar file! : Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS2\Grammar\Grammar_Leon-PC#Default_Final.xml'." Also every time I restart the client I have to reset the IP address. How do I save it.

Chk if your enable button to listen is on. It in your speaker ballon in the lower rigth corner.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

On the bottom left hand corner of the speaker client it says "listening for attention(computer)" so I assume it's enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
        On the bottom left hand corner of the speaker client it says "listening for attention(computer)" so I assume it's enabled.
        Chk under option to see if your sound. Card is enabled to the speaker client.
        Hector
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

On the speaker client on the option tab I click on voice recognition and there is a check mark beside enabled. Is this what you mean.

Comment

Look in your sound card setting to see if u have your mic enabled.
            Hector
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

The mic was not enabled on the sound card. I enabled it and there is also a feature to test the mic. I tested on both the front and back plugin and neither works. I tested the mic on my laptop and it works. Any reason why it wouldn't work on the hometroller.

Comment

Wow, I ran out of bullets with this one.....is your Htroller new? It could be your sound card broken.
                Hector
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I would try restarting the comp. now that u have it enabled. Also make sure that even do the mic is enabled, u could have it "muted" chk that also.
                  Hector
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I restarted the HomeTroller and checked the mic is not muted. The Hometroller is only a couple months old. It is a cheap mic I bought on ebay just to test but it works on my laptop.

Comment

I would try with a better mic. If its doesn't work, I would suspect a faulty card, I think. Does the Troller have MS sound recorder? Try recording something if you have that feature. It's under program>accessory >recorder.
                      Hector
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I have bought a new microphone and can't even get it to record with the recording app in Xp. The mic works on my laptop. On the HomeTroller the audio works. Would this illuminate the sound card as the problem or could it still be bad.

Comment

If it works on your laptop and not the HomeTroller then I would suspect an issue with the HT sound card. If this is a new HT I would put in a help desk ticket.
                          -Rupp
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
                            I have bought a new microphone and can't even get it to record with the recording app in Xp. The mic works on my laptop. On the HomeTroller the audio works. Would this illuminate the sound card as the problem or could it still be bad.
                            It can still be your audio card, that only the mic part of it is broken....
                            Hector
                            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                              If it works on your laptop and not the HomeTroller then I would suspect an issue with the HT sound card. If this is a new HT I would put in a help desk ticket.
                              What is the proper way to put in a ticket? They only provide support for 30 days and the HomeTroller is 2 months old. The only other option is the priority support forum which I need a membership for.

Comment

Working...
                              X