Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help (or tips) with XAP800 setup.

Hi,
    I need some help to setup a XAP800 mixer.
    While not being a audio technician most settings don't say to much to me and English isn't my first language doesn't help either. So i studied the manual but i still struggle with the concept of setting up (virtual) references for echo cancellation. Could anyone give me some help here?
    - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HSPro 3.5.0
    PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | RFXCOM | BLRadar | BLBackup

Hi Ashai:

Unfortunately I can't help you but I also have questions. Also newbe here.

1. Gated . . . What does that mean? The microphone is active?

2. What is the best way to get from the AP800 to the sound card on the HomeSeer PC?

I am assuming that I need to buy a 1/8" plug, positive to tip; negative to ground. What about the ground connection at the AP800?

Please forgive me for hijacking your post.

Don
    Don

Comment

Hi Don,

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
      Hi Ashai:

Unfortunately I can't help you but I also have questions. Also newbe here.
      No problem. Any reply as better then nothing in this case

1. Gated . . . What does that mean? The microphone is active?
      Gated means that the mic picks up sound levels above a threshold. If this happens then the sound is passed through. Like a gate. It stays closed untill someone knock on the door. The mic is always active but the sounds isn't passed through the device to prevent noise over the line. A setting is to make the threshold adaptive and a few dB above the ambiant noise so music isn't picked up but if you raise your voice above the music level the mic gates open.

2. What is the best way to get from the AP800 to the sound card on the HomeSeer PC?

I am assuming that I need to buy a 1/8" plug, positive to tip; negative to ground. What about the ground connection at the AP800?
      Connect the AP800 to the mic IN (mini jack plug) on your sound card. The AP800 have balanced outputs meaning you will have pos/neg/ground. On the back of the AP800 there are so called phoenix connectors with 3 pins each. If you look at them then the left pin is pos. You can connect the middle pin (neg) and the right pin (ground) together to ground. For a picture look at page 9 of the manual.
      - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
      HSPro 3.5.0
      PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | RFXCOM | BLRadar | BLBackup

Comment

Ahh. Thanks. Sounds like you have traveled much further than I have down this road.

Great description of gating. You have helped a lot.
        Last edited by donstephens; July 28, 2013, 09:48 AM.
        Don

Comment

Working...
        X