No announcement yet.

Speaker Mic Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The built in voice recognition is part of windows. Speaker dot exe integrates (if enabled) HS to the MS SAPI TTS/VR. The Kinect 3P plugin integrated the Kinect which also utilizes MS SAPI TTS/VR. When you load the Kinect SDK it will create a new microphone device.

You can then also go to control panel audio properties / SAPI properties and configure the Kinect microphone as your default microphone.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
    HS4 Pro - V4.1.10.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.12.x
    HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

I have my Kinect and all seems to be working as far as it being a standard Windows mic. However I've been having a hell of a time with Speaker.exe responding to things that are not even close to the attention phrase. Almost useless when the TV is on or having a conversation with a real human. I'm going to have to look into this problem a bit more.

I also realized that Speaker.exe does not utilize the same mechanisms as the JSON APIs request=voicecommand (which is also how Alexa and HS communicate I believe). This is what I have built my current VR setup on top of so I'm quite disappointed in this. I will need to research other apps I think, or perhaps write my own (though I lack time and knowhow).

Thanks for the help though. This seems like an OK room microphone so far.
      HomeSeer 3, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Smart Speakers, Foscam cameras, Amcrest camera, RCA HSDB2a doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Here only tested the Kinect on Windows 10 with HSTouch/Kinect plugin and Alexa plugin.

Footprint was a 15" multitouch / mini PC combination in my home office with the Kinect mounted on top of the monitor which was on my home office desk.

The office LCD TV is seldom used (36" mounted near ceiling) and the main family room TV is mostly two modes of use; cooking shows and movies.

Over the years many HS folks have played with different microphones - wired and wireless for MS SAPI VR. Most recently many folks here have incorporated the use of the Amazon Echo with Homeseer.

BTW downloaded and installed latest MS Insider preview of Windows 10. Much has been done to the Cortana interface integration with this new version.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
        HS4 Pro - V4.1.10.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.12.x
        HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
        X