Leaking Duracell batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaking Duracell batteries

I have a bunch of battery operated devices. Over the past 2 years I have had Duracell AA batteries leaking, causing considerable corrosion in the device. Luckily I've been able to catch it before the device contacts were ruined. Anyone else noticed this problem?
    Last edited by prnorton; April 9, 2017, 10:03 AM. Reason: Corrected spelling

I've seen it with EverReady too, but not consistently with either brand. My PIR batteries are typically lasting 3+ years, and die from exhaustion.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Pretty much all Alkaline batteries will leak at some point. The only way to deal with it is to replace them early or use other types of batteries that are much less likely to leak such as Lithium ones.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

For years now have used Duracell standard AA batteries in my mini SLR Fuji camera. I am on the 3rd generation of same type of camera. I use the camera all of the time. Last year two of the 4 battery's spilled their guts. It took maybe 30 minutes to clean the battery compartment and the camera was not damaged. This was the first time I have seen this and did write to the company. I got a lack luster response such that most likely will never utilize Duracell batteries and switch to rechargeable or generic AA batteries which are plentiful these days. IE: Duracell is on my s-list for relating to me paying double the standard price and selling shxx these days.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
        X