Anyone looking for a Thermostat!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone looking for a Thermostat!!

I just purchased one of these and it included perfectly and seems to work very accurately. I set it next to my expensive one and it matches it. You can't beat the price!!

https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/col...1-iris-version

The pic is of the devices it creates in HS. The only thing I see that isn't reporting yet is the humidity. I will wait and see if it does. If it doesn't then this needs to be looked into by HS.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
    I just purchased one of these and it included perfectly and seems to work very accurately. I set it next to my expensive one and it matches it. You can't beat the price!!

https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/col...1-iris-version

The pic is of the devices it creates in HS. The only thing I see that isn't reporting yet is the humidity. I will wait and see if it does. If it doesn't then this needs to be looked into by HS.
    Looks good. I'm quite limited in my options for thermostats as all my heating is through a wood stove and baseboard heaters.

Comment

Noticed that the price was upped a bit from $29 to $35 now.

Will it function as a regular thermostat without a ZWave connection?

Looking to implement initially not using any scheduling or automation rather just on and off and hold type functions.

Does the thermostat display humidity? What humidifier do you have it connected to? Thinking that all new current humidifiers work the same these days.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Noticed that the price was upped a bit from $29 to $35 now.
        I do see they upped the price. So they sell a few and get greedy.

Will it function as a regular thermostat without a ZWave connection?
        Yes according to the manual it will function independently of HS.

Does the thermostat display humidity? What humidifier do you have it connected to? Thinking that all new current humidifiers work the same these days.
        It does display humidity in the upper left corner. I was having trouble getting the humidity to show in HS, still do, but one person said he got it to show in HS after re-including it a second time. That did not work for me.

Comment

Thank you cowinger.

Ordered one today.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thank you cowinger.

Ordered one today.
            Your welcome Pete. Let us know if you get the humidity to show in HS and how you did it.

Comment

Thank you cowinger...testing here want to power it up without a connection to the HVAC...

Can I do that with this model thermostat?

Testing connectivity to HS3 ZWave and my OmniPro 2 panel.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Thank you cowinger...testing here want to power it up without a connection to the HVAC...

Can I do that with this model thermostat?

Testing connectivity to HS3 ZWave and my OmniPro 2 panel.
                I have mine sitting on top of my current one I am using. All the devices report except the humidity as I mentioned. It is just running on 4 batteries.

Comment

Thank you cowinger.

Yeah this will be the first time I am connecting to a thermostat wirelessly. My OmniState is connected to the mothership via a serial cable and does not require batteries to work and at the advice of an old friend who owned an HVAC company never have controlled the whole house humidifier(s) at the thermostat. Newest humidifier here doesn't use a manual turn on or turn off louver rather it is using electric fans now to push the humid air in to the forced air furnace. The humidistat control on the furnace is the same as the old one using a probe and a temperature / humidity control.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Thank you cowinger.

Yeah this will be the first time I am connecting to a thermostat wirelessly. My OmniState is connected to the mothership via a serial cable and does not require batteries to work and at the advice of an old friend who owned an HVAC company never have controlled the whole house humidifier(s) at the thermostat. Newest humidifier here doesn't use a manual turn on or turn off louver rather it is using electric fans now to push the humid air in to the forced air furnace. The humidistat control on the furnace is the same as the old one using a probe and a temperature / humidity control.
                    Pete, I have discovered something about this thermostat. I really hadn't watched the child devices real close until now. The manual states that power must be connected to C and RH with a voltage of 12v-24v ac or dc at .3A or greater. This will power the radio in a continuous state. On batteries the radio will shut down to conserve power. With continuous power all child devices report. All other wires do not need connected for the child devices to change. With that said I still don't see the programming on the display to click on to program it. ??

Comment

Thank you cowinger.

Yeah here looking to connect power to it on the workbench for initial testing.

I have a 24VAC Elk transformer (alarm panel type) that I can utilize for testing.

Found the manual here:

Radio Thermostat Company of America, Inc Thermostat
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

My biggest fear is that when hooking up two systems (heat and Ac) on the same thermostat always presents a problem. You have two separate power supplies. I bought one of the earlier made zwave thermostats and had to hack the board. I rewired the internal relays and isolated the contacts for each unit. Also ran a separate 24 VAC wire to run independently of any heating system supply. Another thermostat runs a separate relay to switch heating. I once had a heating system control board fry so I purposely keep all switching on independent contacts.

Stuart

Comment

Yes the thermostat is destined for a second HVAC in another house.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Seeing these new on Ebay around same price. Still waiting on mine.

Expected delivery today Monday.

Reading a bit about the CT101 IRIS thermostat today ...works fine with Samsung Smarthub and Almond Plus and Vera. Firmware updatable via the Iris hub though.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Seeing these new on Ebay around same price. Still waiting on mine.

Expected delivery today Monday.

Reading a bit about the CT101 IRIS thermostat today ...works fine with Samsung Smarthub and Almond Plus and Vera. Firmware updatable via the Iris hub though.
                              I think what I have is the Iris version. If it will read and display the values correctly in a vera then the humidity problem might go away with the new plugin from John.

Comment

Working...
                              X