Jewelry and accessories for the geek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewelry and accessories for the geek

I have no affiliation with this company or product.

Yesterday my wife and I took a trip across Trail Ridge Road (Rocky Mountain National Park) in the drop top. We try to make it up there once or twice each season, either by car or motorcycle. At the gift shop Michelle found a little display of items made from recycled circuit boards. These are etched boards, that have never had components installed. She picked up a pair of earrings. For size, these are about the diameter of a dime.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4084.JPG Views:	1 Size:	124.0 KB ID:	1243256

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4085.JPG Views:	1 Size:	155.7 KB ID:	1243261

They had earrings, belt buckles, tie clips and a couple of other items displayed. The company is Techwears, based out of Colorado Springs. They have a necktie among dozens of other items and can custom build items, some items with components installed. I linked their name to the website.

Like I said, I have no affiliation, but I thought some of the members might find them interesting. I was a little surprised Michelle liked them so much. I guess hanging around a circuit head must be a little contagious.

Yesterday in the park

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN0018.JPG Views:	1 Size:	283.2 KB ID:	1243259
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Cool picture. Are those deer? elk? They look very well fed!

Comment

Looks like some big Elk/Wapiti the antlers are very distinctive.

Comment

They are Elk. It is almost the end of summer and they have to store up for the winter.

In 2009 we came upon a large heard and many of the males were vying for the attention of females. The noises they make, the aggressive behavior and the things they do for attention are something to watch.

Trail Ridge 2009

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1885_2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	84.0 KB ID:	1243314

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1904.jpg Views:	1 Size:	136.7 KB ID:	1243315

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1979.jpg Views:	1 Size:	119.8 KB ID:	1243316

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2048.jpg Views:	1 Size:	80.2 KB ID:	1243317
        Last edited by rprade; August 24th, 2018, 04:42 PM.
        Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Working...
        X