Off-Topic: Plex, P2000 and hardware encoding on 2012 r2 Essentials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off-Topic: Plex, P2000 and hardware encoding on 2012 r2 Essentials

So, at the recommendation of people on the Plex forums, I bought a P2000 for my server to help with transcodes in PLEX. I can't for the life of me get it to use the p2000 for decoding on that OS. I put it in my kid's new computer with Windows 10 I build ant Plex still refuses to use it for decoding. AT least on my kids machine Emby uses it for both, but emby won't even use it on my server.

Does anyone have any advice? should i just try and return the card? I tried the plex forums and I"m upset that not once has anyone from PLEX acknoleged my issue even though their main page points all support questions to their forums. I'm starting to get frustrated that I even paid them for a life time pass at this point.

I'm asking here in case anyone has any advice. I got some help on the plex forums from other users, but most ended up with "Well, it just worked for me"
    MeiAutomtion Home

Maybe try upping the server to Windows 2016. I've been using it here fine and like it better than Windows 10 or Windows 7 as a server.

Here still using MythTV on Ubuntu Linux; never touch it and it works fine. Only transcoding I have done with it though is one by one files using python scripts.

Wife continues to utilize DTV box for recording stuff and I utilize Ubuntu KODI boxes which now record live streams fine.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
    HS4 Pro - V4.1.7.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.12.x
    HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
    X