Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello? Any females out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I will answer for him: No.
    This is based on my ever so highly scientific analysis into the question of "How many people use Homeseer" that was posed three years ago.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...234#post962234

    At a 30k HS user base and a 1.5 mil population of Phoenix, I bet there are at least 100 folks in the greater Phoenix area that are running HS (with lots of home security plug-ins, of course, in that part of the country ).

    Comment


    • #17
      I've worked on/installed 10 systems in Arizona, thats about 10%

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by BlairG View Post

        @JIim Are there any other HS systems in Payson AZ?
        That is a good question. Not that I know of. In fact Home Automation in general seems to be "esoteric knowledge," at least to the local Realtors.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by BlairG View Post
          I've worked on/installed 10 systems in Arizona, thats about 10%
          If we scare up someone in Payson that at least has Insteon knowledge, let me know. I think I got HS down pretty good, but the Insteon is giving me fits.

          Comment


          • #20
            There is at least one female on this board. She joined a few months ago and has not posted yet. I spent about an hour with her via phone and Teamviewer last year going through the basics of setup. She purchased HomeSeer software and runs it under Windows on an Intel NUC. She is an MCP and manages IT for a mid sized corporation. We have exchanged a half dozen or so emails since regarding things she has read on this forum, though she is reluctant to participate.

            I really appreciate her perspective. She completely understands how the system works and has never complained about how to structure an Event, instead learning it as a new language and speaking it.
            Randy Prade
            Aurora, CO
            Prades.net

            PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by rprade View Post
              She is an MCP
              MCP... hmmm... as Master Control Program, she should be a Homeseer Overseer. bwahaha

              Comment


              • #22
                Microsoft Certified Professional, though I was just informed that she is a MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer).
                Randy Prade
                Aurora, CO
                Prades.net

                PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  There is at least one female on this board. She joined a few months ago and has not posted yet. I spent about an hour with her via phone and Teamviewer last year going through the basics of setup. She purchased HomeSeer software and runs it under Windows on an Intel NUC. She is an MCP and manages IT for a mid sized corporation. We have exchanged a half dozen or so emails since regarding things she has read on this forum, though she is reluctant to participate.

                  I really appreciate her perspective. She completely understands how the system works and has never complained about how to structure an Event, instead learning it as a new language and speaking it.
                  Tell her to join in, we'd love to have her perspective! Nothing to fear here, we don't bite. OK, we might occasionally check out her ASCII...

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I just had a look at some of the other forums and It is no different on the Vera forum where there are nearly 60000 members and only 2% are females.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      Microsoft Certified Professional, though I was just informed that she is a MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer).
                      I think I've dated myself with the MCP Tron reference... and I thought some of you guys were old timers.

                      Originally posted by brientim View Post
                      I just had a look at some of the other forums and It is no different on the Vera forum where there are nearly 60000 members and only 2% are females.
                      Now, if HA were more relating to cooking and cleaning, then I'm sure the numbers would change. hahaha It reminds me of the first episode of The Jetsons where Jane was the one who went shopping for a house maid and came back with Rosey the Robot. Like others have said, our wives love it when HA works and makes their lives easier and complain when it doesn't, but that's the extent of their involvement.


                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by sickpuppy View Post


                        Now, if HA were more relating to cooking and cleaning, then I'm sure the numbers would change. hahaha
                        [ooooooooo, he went there]....and I thought my comment was sexist!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I see the difference as more fundamental. Toys and tools.

                          We boys are more likely to play with toys. Even when it's a tool, I don't need a plasma cutter, but come on, if I had one I'd be coming up with things to cut just to play with it. Most females I know even technical astute and wrench monkey capable are only interested in a tool if solves a problem they have, not because it's cool and they want to play with it.

                          I started on HA because I could and it was a fun hobby to tinker with. I'm sure many of us started that way, what 1st world problem can I create and solve
                          HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
                          Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
                          Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Muhahahahah...... this is why WAF have us...... why do it when you can own a boy to do it for her?

                            add a food channel or stretching dog yoga class and we would be swamped with diversity....


                            Devoir

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              In Arizona Goat Yoga is a big thing, now... LOL no time for tinkering with HA

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I am not sure if it is cooking and cleaning these days as my wife and daughters hate both of them. Maybe the latest fashion with bright light and they be involved but other than that, their level of interest is zero.

                                Funny thing is I meet my wife when she was the PM on an ICT roll out Project I was on.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X