Pi-Hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pi-Hole

So, I bought my first Raspberry Pi and in the process of my research on the device, I saw a list of projects that included whole LAN web advertisements blocker, namely, Pi-Hole (Pi-Hole.net). I thought I would mention it here, because it is easy to implement and it is positively brilliant!

I've been running a Pi-Hole for months and it's great! Highly recommended!
    HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
    64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
    Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      I've been running a Pi-Hole for months and it's great! Highly recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post

In fact you can run a lot more stuff like Node-RED, MQTT ......etc on the same PI (R PI 3B/B+) and it wont break a sweat!! Just don't load it with USB devices!

Eman.
        The People's Advocate.

Comment

I'm going to build a Raspbee gateway. Any issue installing a pie hole on the same device?

Comment

Originally posted by NetworkGuy View Post
            I'm going to build a Raspbee gateway. Any issue installing a pie hole on the same device?
            If you mean this one : https://www.amazon.co.uk/RaspBee-Gat.../dp/B00IMY4CS2 then there should be no problem as long as they are not communicating from the same ports.

Eman.
            The People's Advocate.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post

If you mean this one : https://www.amazon.co.uk/RaspBee-Gat.../dp/B00IMY4CS2 then there should be no problem as long as they are not communicating from the same ports.

Eman.
              Thanks Eman. That's the device, but it's no longer available, so I bought a CanaKit Pi 3B+ Starter Kit and the Raspbee Premium HAT. I also downloaded the gateway image from the Dresden site. I haven't gotten too far, but I will burn that image to an SDCard, which I think should get me to the Raspbee Gateway - baring any unforeseen software issues with my process anyway. From the discussion above, I would then like to try installing Pi-Hole. I've read a bit about something similar that can be done with my DD-WRT router, but didn't pursue it thus far. The Pi-Hole sounds a bit easier and appears to be a great use of a Pi! Seems like a no-brainer if it works. :-)

Comment

As eman said, just make sure that you change deconz http port to something else than 80.

pihole use port 80. You can change it , but when it will update to a new version. It will go again on port 80..

Comment

Working...
                X