What to do with a Wattbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with a Wattbox?

Finally getting through all the existing AV equipment that was left in my new house. (see my other post about RTI controller).

AV racks had a wattbox installed. Basically an IP controlled surge protector for dealers to be able to reset client devices without coming to the house.
    The software is dealer only, but they do expose the HTTP commands and you can also login in and control from the IP address.

Any clever ideas of what I might do with this? :-)

https://www.snapav.com/shop/en/snapa...jg5S95kEPBY%3D

Easy solution == become a dealer

Do you happen to have functional login credentials, or are you just stuck at the login screen?

Comment

Originally posted by RoChess View Post
      Easy solution == become a dealer

Do you happen to have functional login credentials, or are you just stuck at the login screen?
      I can log in locally... just can't sign up for the cloud account to manage offsite.

Comment

Wouldn't a simple VPN solve your issue then? Otherwise you'd have to obtain a cloud account, sniff network traffic, break their encryption, and recreate it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by RoChess View Post
          Wouldn't a simple VPN solve your issue then? Otherwise you'd have to obtain a cloud account, sniff network traffic, break their encryption, and recreate it yourself.
          Yes it would!!!!! But still no idea what to do with it

Comment

I guess emergency power cycle on your HomeSeer box and network router, because it can be tricky to do that from HomeSeer itself.

Comment

Working...
            X