No announcement yet.

Need scripting help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, one more try ... with the correct IP this time ...
    Code:
    hs.URLAction("http://192.168.1.2[COLOR=#FF0000]1[/COLOR]/control.cgi?outlet=3&command=0", "GET", "", "Authorization: [COLOR=#FF0000]Basic[/COLOR] d2F0dGJveDp3YXR0Ym94")

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
      OK, one more try ... with the correct IP this time ...
      Code:
      hs.URLAction("http://192.168.1.2[COLOR=#FF0000]1[/COLOR]/control.cgi?outlet=3&command=0", "GET", "", "Authorization: [COLOR=#FF0000]Basic[/COLOR] d2F0dGJveDp3YXR0Ym94")
      OMG that worked!!!! what is funny is I caught the ip mistake earlier, but not the second time around.

thanks to both of you! very helpful!

Comment

hey... I did change the command to 1 to turn back on. it still worked, but I got this in the log? Again, still works, just curious if you know what this means?
        Oct-31 11:34:21 AM URL Response Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed.
        Oct-31 11:34:21 AM Error In URLAction GET: Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed.

Comment

So here's my final event. this is the log error I was getting when the znet went down last night.
          Oct-31 6:36:48 AM Z-Wave Warning ZNetv2: Cannot connect to Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.1.53 port: 2001, Ex=A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.1.53:2001

So using Easytrigger to see the event, then fire the script. think this will work? Not quite sure how to test since I don't know how to put the znet in that state?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-10-31 114404.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	1336777

Comment

I'd think disconnecting the Ethernet should result in that same error...

Comment

I would make sure the event doesn't retrigger too often. I'd only reset it once an hour max or so and include an alert (pushover/email/etc.) as well so you know when it happened. Of course, if your whole network is down, then the event would trigger but you would not get notified. You could have conditions in your event related to the status of other parts of your network if you have any plugins monitoring your network devices. I use Jon00's monitoring plugin, but there are others.
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                I'd think disconnecting the Ethernet should result in that same error...
                well, that did work and create the right log, but the event didn't fire. Guessing I don't understand the Easytrigger part completely.

As a side, I just plugged the LAN cable back in to see what would happen, and got this over and over again. trying to enable in controller management didnt' work either,... hence why I need this reboot event. FYI, there is no other znet on my system.
                Oct-31 12:25:49 PM Z-Wave ZNetv2: Getting node information from controller...
                Oct-31 12:25:49 PM Z-Wave ZNetv2: Processing data buffered by the interface while it was disconnected.
                Oct-31 12:25:48 PM Z-Wave ZNetv2: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.1.53, connected to interface ok.
                Oct-31 12:25:43 PM Z-Wave Warning Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.1.53...
                Oct-31 12:25:43 PM Z-Wave Note: Only one system may connect to an Ethernet interface at one time. If 2 systems are connecting to your Z-Wave interface, HomeSeer will not connect.
                Oct-31 12:25:31 PM Z-Wave ZNetv2: Getting node information from controller...
                Oct-31 12:25:31 PM Z-Wave ZNetv2: Processing data buffered by the interface while it was disconnected.
                Oct-31 12:25:31 PM Z-Wave ZNetv2: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.1.53, connected to interface ok.
                Oct-31 12:25:26 PM Z-Wave Warning Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.1.53...
                Oct-31 12:25:26 PM Z-Wave Note: Only one system may connect to an Ethernet interface at one time. If 2 systems are connecting to your Z-Wave interface, HomeSeer will not connect.
                Oct-31 12:25:14 PM Z-Wave ZNetv2: Getting node information from controller...
                Oct-31 12:25:14 PM Z-Wave ZNetv2: Processing data buffered by the interface while it was disconnected.
                Oct-31 12:25:14 PM Z-Wave ZNetv2: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.1.53, connected to interface ok.

Comment

And another FYI, the LED stays green the entire time on the znet.

Comment

This is a different, long standing issue ... see https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...33#post1094633

This won't address your original issue though.

Comment

I clearly don't understand how EasyTrigger works... but tired this with BLLogMonitor and it worked perfectly. Guess i'm buying another PI :-)

sparkman agree with your adds. I have both my HS server and my LAN components on backup, so this should be ok network wise. This problem seems to happen randomly even when there is no power outage.

Comment

Working...
                      X