Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

eBay fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rprade View Post

I sleep very well at night. I've lived my life where my word is golden with integrity and ethics above all.
    I know this has caused a lot of undue stress because of that. Don't let it worry you too much. This will pass soon enough and this idiot will move on. I hope eBay makes it right for you after they (hopefully) fully evaluate this fiasco.

Comment

It is a little disturbing. eBay has not stopped him yet either. He sent two more since the above. The latest one:

"I just finished an interview with Law Enforcement regarding what they say may include mail fraud. You really shouldn’t mess with someone with deep law enforcement ties and two FBI agents that are my close friends"
      What I find even more disturbing than this kind of behavior is the people who minimize it's impact and make excuses for it, often arguing that the words are empty. "It's not what he says, it's what he does that is important." As if failing to follow through on his crazy statements somehow makes them okay or inconsequential.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
        What I find even more disturbing than this kind of behavior is the people who minimize it's impact and make excuses for it, often arguing that the words are empty. "It's not what he says, it's what he does that is important." As if failing to follow through on his crazy statements somehow makes them okay or inconsequential.
        Indeed. I'd say in that instance, where a direct threat to one's family/safety is concerned, I'd present that evidence to my local law enforcement for their records and investigation. If it persists, I might consider reporting it anyway. I'd DEFINITELY turn all of it in to eBay/PayPal (which I think is being done). I didn't see any threatening behavior in his statements though. From the looks of it, he/she is just your run-of-the-mill moron looking for attention. I've had the same thing happen to me selling on eBay. Admittedly, none with this persistence but just as nasty.

Comment

I thought I would wrap this up with a final post.

I spent about 2 hours on the phone with eBay over the course of this fiasco. I was told that I had no choice but to fully refund the customer and to pay the return shipping. I was told to refund the customer directly by PayPal and not to use the eBay function for a refund. I was told that I would get a refund for outbound shipping, return shipping and PayPal fees and that I should contact eBay after I received the items and refunded the customer. I refunded the customer in full on December 27. I contacted eBay on December 30 about the refund of fees and shipping and was told that I had to wait for the refund to clear before they could take care of it. I contacted them again today and they told me I was not entitled to a refund of costs because "I didn't appeal it before refunding the customer".

This is astounding. Each agent assured me that they were keeping notes during my calls. Today the agent told me there were no notes. I suppose I should have recorded the calls myself. It is hardly worth the trouble as far as I am concerned. I would have thought that eBay would have some sort of mechanism in place and some sort of concise procedure for handling a dishonest customer. Unfortunately eBay deftly painted me into a corner and walked away. I had to deal with a lying and abusive customer, followed by lying agents at eBay. I am so done with eBay.
          Randy Prade
          Aurora, CO
          Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

This is really a shame, and I'm very sorry you or anyone else would have to endure it. I've been fortunate to have had almost all good experiences buying and selling on ebay, although I've had little need to do either in the past couple years. Have always felt their fees were a bit steep, but I accepted that before selling.

To be sure, I'll think twice before using ebay in the future, especially as a seller.
            Last edited by cc4005; January 6th, 2020, 06:40 PM. Reason: corrected word usage
            -Wade

Comment

I am so done with eBay.
              Don't blame you one bit. Sorry Randy. Nothing about this was right.

Comment

Randy, don't give up contacting eBay, because I've been told "no" often by one or more company representatives, until persistence was rewarded with the right person, especially one with how do I say it: proper understanding of the English language, providing a more "human" review of the situation.

Of course this means wasting more time, and at this point I would not judge you if you would rather be done with everything and move forward with more enjoyable tasks like reinstalling an OS, watching a progress bar for hours, or debug random Z-Wave issues

Comment

Working...
                X