Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laundry Monitor

Morning,

So one of the coolest automations I have is being notified when my washing machine or laundry is done.

However, I get false reports sometimes due to energy spikes.

I have one event that says anything above 5 power to turn on a virtual switch and cancel another event running. The other event will trigger when under 5 power and wait 5 minutes and notify laundry is done and also turn off the virtual switch.

this works most the time but I get false reports sometimes.

How are others getting around this? Perhaps some type of wait ?

I had somthing similar to heat up the oil of my tractor in winter. Had an issue with electricity spikes as well, I made a timer, when the wattage/power is above x for 10 seconds than toggle that Virtual switch.

Cor

Comment

Our washer has an indicator light that changes from RED while washing to GREEN when complete. I use an HS-FS100-L that triggers when the color changes. Our dryer has no light so I attached a light to the buzzer and use an HS-FS100-L to trigger when it sees the light.

The prototype literally took about 10 seconds to set up (Taped the sensor to the outside of the control panel.) The entire project time was about 3 hours as dismantling the machines took a little time, and I had to measure the voltage to the buzzer in order to get the correct light to attach.

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
        Our washer has an indicator light that changes from RED while washing to GREEN when complete. I use an HS-FS100-L that triggers when the color changes. Our dryer has no light so I attached a light to the buzzer and use an HS-FS100-L to trigger when it sees the light.

The prototype literally took about 10 seconds to set up (Taped the sensor to the outside of the control panel.) The entire project time was about 3 hours as dismantling the machines took a little time, and I had to measure the voltage to the buzzer in order to get the correct light to attach.
        When I looked into my dryer I found that the buzzer was 120 VAC activated. I removed the buzzer and then connected the wires to a 120 VAC ice cube relay (coil) and then had the contacts trigger a Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor (EcoLink ones can have an external sensor wired to them in lieu of a magnet).
        --------------------------------------------------
        **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

I use a energy monitoring smart plug such as Sonoff S31. I have Tasmota firmware installed. I have a pair of rules setup that looks for the pattern of energy use which is essentially above a level for a period of time followed by a period of near zero use. When the zero use time expires without being retriggered then the notification is raised via MQTT. My notification goes to a neopixel panel where the washing machine led turns red. When the washing machine starts with the next load the notification is cleared. I only need to manually clear the notification at the end of the last cycle for the day.

i do not look for max wattage, but only a min threshold that indicates the machine is running, I don’t understand the algorithm you are using that is sensitive to spikes.

Comment

Working...
          X