Cool TV mount to solve high mantle placement issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool TV mount to solve high mantle placement issues

Just saw this.... cheaper manual versions but the robotic one is darn cool. Anybody have one or seen this in action?
    https://www.mantelmount.com/products...wivel-tv-mount

You know what's suspicious? All of the photos and videos are renderings and not the actual product. Why wouldn't they put a video of the actual product working??

Comment

Quite easy self to make I would think.

-tv mount
      - 2 rails
      -lineair actuator
      - zwave shade shutter
      -power supply for actuator
      - a bit of DIY

200 euro's max

Comment

I have a manual equivalent of this (i.e. not motorised, but slides up and down).

It works really well, the impressive thing is how shallow it is (about 5cm) given the strength and stability required, and also how well balanced the movement is.

I wouldn't have much use for a motorised version, since it doesn't need to go so high (only about 45cm movement) and we seldom use our fire, although we also put the TV up out of the way if we have friends with little kids around. With the reduced range the mount is always behind the TV.

It would be hard to get it neat and shallow with DIY, the 20kg weight of a TV isn't insignificant when it's hanging several cm away from the mounting wall.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
          You know what's suspicious? All of the photos and videos are renderings and not the actual product. Why wouldn't they put a video of the actual product working??
          I saw it on facebook...guy had a video of his working...looked awesome.

Comment

I installed a really great flip down 55". After flipping down out of the ceiling , it extends 3 feet down. Auton.com
            Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro 3.0.0.548
            Hometroller S6 | Devices: 832 | Events: 211
            Plug-Ins: Z-Wave .252 | HSTouch | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
            BLLAN | BLPLEX | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blur-Iris4

Comment

Working...
            X