Intel Einstein boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel Einstein boards?

Is anyone else salivating over the Intel Edison development boards? Dual core Atom proc with microcontroller, GPIO, PWM, Arduino development environment, Linux distro... AND WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 LE. I'm going to be making lots of stuff with these.

Sparkfun is coming out with expansion boards too.
    https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13093
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Can you fine 'em anywhere? Out local Intel office says even they can't get their hands on stock yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

You can get the Galileo at adafruit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Yup; so we have Galileo, Edision and Einstein. Or was Einstein before Edison?

Thinking that Galileo was first eh?

I am confused....and off on a tangent...

going back to the turn-of-the-century burlesque sketches that used plays on words and names.....(thinking though it was Galileo, Edison...well and I personally like the "folded (ing) burrito (time) thing........

"Who's on First?" is a comedy routine made famous by Abbott and Costello. The premise of the sketch is that Abbott is identifying the players on a baseball team for Costello, but their names and nicknames can be interpreted as non-responsive answers to Costello's questions. For example, the first baseman is named "Who"; thus, the utterance "Who's on first" is ambiguous between the question ("Which person is the first baseman?") and the answer ("The name of the first baseman is 'Who'").
        Last edited by Pete; September 25, 2014, 08:00 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Sparkfun had some last week, but looks like they're out of stock now. I'm waiting to place my order until they're back in stock along with the Console block. In the meantime I'm designing my own PCB to connect to these little guys. RGB LED controller, ambient light sensor, temp/humidity sensor, and possibly a capacitive touch sensor (on/off only).

I'm designing RGB LED light frames that accentuate artwork (float mounted photographs on aluminum) and can also be used in ceiling trays / crown moulding. They'll be controllable by HomeSeer, and can react to ambient light, temperature, and humidity. Will also be a bluetooth proximity sensor / iBeacon.
          Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
          Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
          Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Neato Reid!

Sounds like the Edison board is one of the first manufactured boards here in the US for arduino.

Googling it brought me to the Galileo Intel board which looks to be similiar but the Edison board has better specifications. Looks modular.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Are you thinking of selling the frames?

Comment

I'm considering selling it as a kit, but no firm plans as of yet.

Comment

I'd be interested

Comment

I would also be interested.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
                      I'm designing RGB LED light frames that accentuate artwork (float mounted photographs on aluminum) and can also be used in ceiling trays / crown moulding. They'll be controllable by HomeSeer, and can react to ambient light, temperature, and humidity. Will also be a bluetooth proximity sensor / iBeacon.
                      Wait, what?!? We have RGB 5050 LED strips all over the house. Have not seen a way yet to control them other than power on/off. I am VERY interested in this project of yours! How is it coming along?

Rob

Comment

Working...
                      X