Prius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prius

well I have a reply to the volt thread a while back.. but anyway.. I bought a prius and was wondering if there is anyway to pull ANY data off of it?

here was my reply..

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
    treat your gas bill as a hobby... we pay too much for hobbies.. so slip it into that category and be done with it... and yes im joking..

i drive a 2008 chevy silverado crew cab short bed z-71 pickup... 60 miles each way...

if i drive 70-75 as my commute is mainly highway.. i get 15-16mpg... now i get coffee at wawa and drive 60-62mph.. and get 20-21mpg...

now i could go get a car great on gas.. lower car payment.. double gas milage.. but what fun is that!!!!!!

good luck on figuring it out.. (non sarcasticly... seriously...) i tried figuring out gas, car payment, savings, etc.. and it didnt add up for me.. i think when i did it.. the chevy cruze eco was like $43k so would take more time to pay back itself.. and when i got it somewhere ok.. the driving i do.. would kill the car...

id need a $10k car good on gas... as every 3 years is 100k-150k miles.... yes cars will go more i know... but in 5 years that is 150k-200k miles...

so i was searching for something else but bumped back into this so thought i would update..

i then traded the 08 silverado in and bought a 2013 GMC Sierra 1500. Fabtech 6" lift and 35's... while getting 19mpg on the highway.. 120 miles a day was costing me $650 a month.

I kept the truck as the wife drives it now but bought a prius. yes i hate the car... but in summer on easy driving I get 60-67mpg and today in the rain and cold I got 44mpg to work (oh at 80-85mph which I dont do much).
    I have had the car since fourth of july weekend and havent put nearly as much gas in the car.
    Guy at work bought a Volt... and he is 22miles away from work. He gets here on gas... goes home and for last 4miles he is on gas. He said the dash is saying averaging 168mpg!!!!!!

if I worked closer or if there was a recharge station at work Id consider it. I am considering a Tesla Model III when they come out but still car payment, electric bill recharge price vs prius gas/car payment... whichever is cheaper.

i now drive farther.. 130 miles round trip plus kids sports per day...
    here is my 6 month logging in the car which I was searching for tesla as I know someone created a vbscript to pull data and wanted to see if this can be done on the prius. Will be starting my own thread but wanted to update this one...

my driveway...

Prius-2 by TeleFragger / RootBreaker, on Flickr

6months of driving

Gas was like $3.55 when I started and yesterday I paid $2.24...

6month Prius Bill by TeleFragger / RootBreaker, on Flickr
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface
Working...
X