Onkyo owners please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onkyo owners please help

A while ago i noticed i wasnt getting sound out of my receiver for wii. Wii was plugged into game. I tore everything down as i have an xbox to add now. I cant get any sound out of cable tv... xbox..bluray.. nothing...receiver seems to be working...

So simple q for any of u. If u tale a av wire that has headphone male on one end and white/red on other... plug it into phono or aux or pc... can u get sound from your cell without changing any settings? I even reset receiver back to factory settings...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

I have this problem:

http://www.uk.onkyo.com/en/articles/...am-119261.html

I will soon deliver it for repair.

Comment

Where u sending 4 repair? Onkyo?

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

yeah baby!!!

mine is covered.... filled out form.. they will be sending me a box!

Comment

Had same issue, filled out form, even through receiver is 3 years old. They send me a box, put receiver in it, sent it, came back repaired, no cost.
          Dirk

Comment

what was the turnaround time?

Comment

repair

i had the same problem. I called tech support and they set up a return. the unit was over warranty but they still approved, they sent a return box with prepaid shipping.

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
              A while ago i noticed i wasnt getting sound out of my receiver for wii. Wii was plugged into game. I tore everything down as i have an xbox to add now. I cant get any sound out of cable tv... xbox..bluray.. nothing...receiver seems to be working...

So simple q for any of u. If u tale a av wire that has headphone male on one end and white/red on other... plug it into phono or aux or pc... can u get sound from your cell without changing any settings? I even reset receiver back to factory settings...

Comment

what was the turnaround time?
                A couple of weeks, quite fast actually

Comment

Had the same issue as well, I was very impressed with them sending be a box, packing material, bag, tape and even a twist tie to wrap the cord. I sent mine over the Xmas break and received it in about a week from when I sent it in. Took a few days for the box to get here, but overall, really impressed with the service

Comment

I lose sound from HDMI every now and then. I have been able to restore it by switching to AM or FM and then back to the HDMI source.
                    I wonder if the extended warranty would apply in my case?

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
                      I lose sound from HDMI every now and then. I have been able to restore it by switching to AM or FM and then back to the HDMI source.
                      They are very specific in this HDMI issue which (in my case) you cannot recover from it and it shows the Network SW upgrade option to be grayed out. It is this specific written down. Never hurts to try though.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                        They are very specific in this HDMI issue which (in my case) you cannot recover from it and it shows the Network SW upgrade option to be grayed out. It is this specific written down. Never hurts to try though.

Dirk
                        I was afraid of that. Oh well...

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

Dirk
                          I was wondering why i couldnt update the firmware. I was thinking maybe a firmware upgrade wacked it.....

also when i plugged the config mic in.. it said to adjust the sub woofer and I couldnt....

i would call them. i bet they will take care of you... just call be nice and see how it goes.. i always kill them with kindness.. goes a long way...

ok side question... im a dummy when it comes to AV equipment...

so your saying you loose sound from hdmi...

so with that... if I run hdmi from xbox 360 into the receiver (Game) and run out to tv... i do not need to hookup audio cable? I was using optical....

same with bluray player? only need hdmi not hdmi and optical?

thanks guys

Comment

.... if I run hdmi from xbox 360 into the receiver (Game) and run out to tv... i do not need to hookup audio cable? I was using optical....

same with bluray player? only need hdmi not hdmi and optical?

thanks guys
                            Yes, you should be good with just an HDMI connection.
                            You'll have to go in some of the menus and set it to get the sound from HDMI instead of optical. It will be the same digital sound data.

Comment

Yes, you should be good with just an HDMI connection.
                              You'll have to go in some of the menus and set it to get the sound from HDMI instead of optical. It will be the same digital sound data.
                              Shweet!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X