Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I control the speed of a small cabinet ventilation fan with a 0-10V output?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, I have no idea. I have a float valve connected to my RO filter that automatically tops off the system as water evaporates. Although I believe it's upwards of 1-2 gallons per day.

I read an article a while back about those DIY chillers made out of mini fridges that basically said its a bad idea. They aren't designed to be run continuously and trying to use it as a chiller will both cause it to fail prematurely and use a ton of electricity.

One good way to help cool a tank if the temp isn't totally out of control is evaporative cooling... People will put a fan blowing across the water and as more water evaporates it brings down the temp with it. That can make a difference of several degrees.

Comment

Yeah saw another video where presenter put powered USB hubs on the side of the Aquarium and used those little 5 VDC on movable stalk fans blowing air across the top of the water. Only thing is with a wooden cap dunno if that would work.

- Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Haha... That's a pretty funny idea, but hey, whatever works Right now my heat isn't getting up into the dangerous level, but I would like a little less of a swing between day and night.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          A 3-wire fan has a pulse output for monitoring fan speed, only a 4-wire has a PWM input.
          Thanks Randy, noted and corrected!
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
          Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Working...
          X