• Time
  • Show
Clear All

True !. That's quite interesting

Comment

OMG.... Where did my slink-e go??? One of my first toys

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

upstatemike WOW! That is something. Thanks for posting. Love the HomeBrain. I suggest you leave it as is and update the documentation.

Comment

1981: DC motor on a wall wired to a DPDT, center-off switch at my headboard. DC motor had a pulley with a belt (OK, rubber band) that went around the dimmer switch knob. Remote controlled lighting.

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
            1981: DC motor on a wall wired to a DPDT, center-off switch at my headboard. DC motor had a pulley with a belt (OK, rubber band) that went around the dimmer switch knob. Remote controlled lighting.
            Back in the days when HA was rock solid! I bet except for needing to replace the rubber band that this setup would still be working today if you had left it in place.

Comment

WINK SUCKS! I grew up with X10 and chose WINK when it came out because it was easy and because it could handle multiple protocols. It was a cheap hub and I could use relatively cheap parts. For the first year I loved it. Then the hub would lose connection and I could not control things while on the road. Then they went to a subscription service..... Then their servers went down and I could not control anything even at home! Now you can't add or even REMOVE something without paying for a subscription! I was trying to exclude some devices so I could add them to my Zee/Pi. I feel like I am being extorted!

Is there anything inside a WINK anyone wants? If not, it will be out on the practice range Wednesday! I can't imaging it lasting much longer....

Comment

Originally posted by CountryPlace View Post
                WINK SUCKS! I grew up with X10 and chose WINK when it came out because it was easy and because it could handle multiple protocols. It was a cheap hub and I could use relatively cheap parts. For the first year I loved it. Then the hub would lose connection and I could not control things while on the road. Then they went to a subscription service..... Then their servers went down and I could not control anything even at home! Now you can't add or even REMOVE something without paying for a subscription! I was trying to exclude some devices so I could add them to my Zee/Pi. I feel like I am being extorted!

Is there anything inside a WINK anyone wants? If not, it will be out on the practice range Wednesday! I can't imaging it lasting much longer....
                Just follow up and share some pictures of your Wink's demise.

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post

Any alternative suggestions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1181 (5).JPG
Views:	587
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	1458446 red Xpander
                  Maybe get out and date more?

Jim Speiser
                  38-year veteran of Home Automation
                  Still don't know squat

Comment

Another one bites the dust. The original SmartThings hub (2013) will go offline on June 30th 2021: https://www.the-ambient.com/news/sma...k-too-rip-2554
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

2 Rip the CDs in my CD changers so I can get rid of the Slink-e and listen to all my music using the Turtle Beach Audiotron.
                      I tossed my Turtle Beach a few years back. Use a Sonos Connect/Port

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

I tossed my Turtle Beach a few years back. Use a Sonos Connect/Port
                        I wouldn't jump all the way to from the Audiotron to Sonos without pausing at Slim Devices SliMP3 first.

Comment

I wouldn't jump all the way to from the Audiotron to Sonos without pausing at Slim Devices SliMP3 first.
                          of course ..... what was I thinking

Comment

I actually have a lot of SliMP3s... not Squeezeboxes (I have a lot of those too) but rather the original Slim Devices music players. For that matter I have a lot of Sonos gear as well. Not currently using any of it. I really need to start getting rid of some of this stuff.

Comment

...I really need to start getting rid of some of this stuff.
                              I agree with and understand that message quite well, though it usually takes the form of "You really need to start getting rid of some of this stuff...."

Comment

Originally posted by CountryPlace View Post

Hoping your took a video at the range. Please share!

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X