This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
    This is an interesting thread considering HST is celebrating 20 years this month and is still growing. I look at Wink, SmartHome and others as starter kits for HA. Glorified Clappers. When you get to the point you are wondering, "I wonder if I could do x?" it is time for Homeseer.
    It is an interesting thread, agreed. Lots of companies & products have come and gone since I joined the team back in 2004. Heck lots of HA retailers have also bit the dust. This is a tough business! Lowe's Iris is the latest casualty. We've been contacted by a number of Iris customers looking for options. Ironically, many of them are still considering moving to another cloud-connected system. oh well.... fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on me I guess.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Adding Piper (getpiper.com) to the list. They launched a couple of years ago as a camera with home automation hub built it. If you visit the site now, there is no way to purchase it.. Amazon has a "warehouse" listing for a used one... that's about it.

Comment

Add Stringify to the list now. They were a cloud service similar to IFTTT. The apps have been removed from the respective app stores and the service itself will be fully deactivated by the end of June: https://www.howtogeek.com/410576/str...er-five-years/

Comment

Leviton is in the process of phasing out their OmniPro line of security/automation panels. The foreign language versions are the first to go out of stock. Some stock remains on the English versions. This product was originally developed by HAI. HAI was acquired by Leviton. The panel has been in production for something like 25 years so thousands are in the field.

Comment

excellent, just put a omnipro and hifi-8 in the new place! insert sarcasm wherever you see fit..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mhog View Post
              excellent, just put a omnipro and hifi-8 in the new place! insert sarcasm wherever you see fit..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
              1. If there are any OmniPro add-ons you were thinking of getting for the panel, NOW would be a good time to get them.
              2. Barring a defect or lighting strike, the panel should give you a lot of years of service based on their track record. I don't think it's tied to a cloud service (that could be shut down) right?

Comment

Last I read is that the Omni Email board is tied in to a Leviton cloud connected email service. I never did purchase an email board.

Leviton has sort of updated the Android based OmniTouch 7 panel.

The video interface was updated but still rather legacy with use of only mjeg stuff (stills or motion).

Now is a good time to get hot spares and seen a few vendors selling bulk hot spares and add-ons really cheap these days on Ebay.

There are a few users around still using prior to ethernet serial Omni Panels which talked to Homeseer 1 & 2 a few years back.

FYI still updated and supported Omni applications are:

Rob's Homeseer Omni Plugin keeps ticking.

Ryan's OmniLinkBridge has been expanded from Smartthings support to MQTT support and Home Assistant support.

LQTech VN Omni panel Android NQ Link keeps getting upgraded.

Haiku and Haiku helper has gone away and now we have

Myro: Home Helper (apple based) - updated and on a monthly plan.

OpenHab - Omni Plugin - still updated and supported over at the OpenHab site.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Looks like the end is near from Wink unless they can find another buyer. If they do, that will be the 4th company to own the product since is was introduced.
                  • Quiky
                  • Flextronics
                  • Will.i.am
                  • ?
                  https://www.digitaltrends.com/home/w...-out-of-funds/

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                    Looks like the end is near from Wink.....
                    I have an original Wink at an unrented rent house and it stopped responding two weeks ago. Said it needed an update, but the update was not available. No support Chat available. Phone Support does not pick up. Support email not even acknowledged.

Comment

Spectrum Security System added to the list: https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/13/2...le-cost-refund

Comment

Insignia Connect - Best Buy's smart home platform: https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/6/20...own-november-6

Comment

Wink's been (kinda) hanging in there even though they haven't sold hubs for more than a year. Now, they're introducing a subscription plan for $5/mo. If you don't pay up, your hub turns into a pumpkin in 7 days. Not much notice... https://www.engadget.com/wink-monthl...234146666.html

Comment

Wink's been (kinda) hanging in there even though they haven't sold hubs for more than a year. Now, they're introducing a subscription plan for $5/mo. If you don't pay up, your hub turns into a pumpkin in 7 days. Not much notice... https://www.engadget.com/wink-monthl...234146666.html
                            these are the kinds of things that set me off..
                            if that happened to me.. id gladly youtube a video of me destroying the video and tagging them... forced into subscription... i get it the world is going that way but us old timers dont like that.
                            new generations seem to not mind.. my 20y old is constantly wasting money.. and i thought i was bad
                            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

WOW! I completely understand the need to try and support their business model, but...wow!

Comment

As Wink claims to support more than 4 million connected devices.

This will generate almost a half million dollars each year assuming that on average an user has 50 devices.

With that amount of money HS can do nice things.

---
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X