Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It appears that MisterHouse, the open source Perl HA, is still in use but the buzzards appear to be circling. Last stable release was 2017, last code update appears to be 9 months ago. Their mailing list only shows 13 entries to date for this calendar year.
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

As Wink claims to support more than 4 million connected devices.

This will generate almost a half million dollars each year assuming that on average an user has 50 devices.

---
      John
      "connected devices" includes sensors, wall switches, bulbs, ect... so the number of actual hubs is quite a bit lower. Even so, they'll only be generating revenue for the very tiny number of users who actually pay the new subscription fees. From all the bad press and Reddit anger I've seen, there aren't going to be too many subscribers. PLUS.. Whatever they generate will likely go to legal fees: https://www.reddit.com/r/winkhub/com...nst_wink_as_a/

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post
      It appears that MisterHouse, the open source Perl HA, is still in use but the buzzards appear to be circling. Last stable release was 2017, last code update appears to be 9 months ago. Their mailing list only shows 13 entries to date for this calendar year.
      ... and the last time they updated their website theme was Feb 2, 2001. https://web.archive.org/web/20010202...urceforge.net/. Seriously though... do open source projects ever really die completely? I think they'll live on as long as the repository hosting is free.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

... and the last time they updated their website theme was Feb 2, 2001.[/URL]

HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Can we include ImperiHome here now? This one sucks because it was such a great mobile UI for homeseer. Now I need to scramble to find something for my entire family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

They have graciously extended the purchase or die period to May 20th....

UPDATE: And now July 27th!

Comment

Very interesting thread;

you can add Promixis Girder to the list.
              I migrated from their software to HS last year.
              ​​​​​
              https://www.promixis.com/
              " Closing doors
              It's our sad task to report that Promixis is closing it's doors to direct to consumer business. We will no longer sell Girder nor the PIR-1/PIR-4 products via our online store. If you have an ongoing need for our solutions please contact sales@promixis.com to discuss how we can best serve your needs going forward.
              - Ron Bessems, CEO Promixis, LLC"

​​​It was a very intuitive platform but they didnt keep up with technology developments, upgrades were rare and it rapidly became outdated. Unfortunately, it reminds me of HStouch. Hopefully HS will reverse the trend.
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Philips Pronto ...
                I was one of the developers

Comment

Originally posted by 123qweasd View Post
                  Very interesting thread;

you can add Promixis Girder to the list.
                  I migrated from their software to HS last year.
                  ​​​​​
                  https://www.promixis.com/
                  " Closing doors
                  It's our sad task to report that Promixis is closing it's doors to direct to consumer business. We will no longer sell Girder nor the PIR-1/PIR-4 products via our online store. If you have an ongoing need for our solutions please contact sales@promixis.com to discuss how we can best serve your needs going forward.
                  - Ron Bessems, CEO Promixis, LLC"

​​​It was a very intuitive platform but they didnt keep up with technology developments, upgrades were rare and it rapidly became outdated. Unfortunately, it reminds me of HStouch. Hopefully HS will reverse the trend.
                  ​​​​​​
                  After a little research using the Way Back Machine (archive.org), it appears that they actually closed up shop in July of 2018 so that's basically been a ghost website for the past 2 years!

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
                    Philips Pronto ...
                    yup, that was added to the "products no longer available" list in the first post some years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
                      Philips Pronto ...
                      I still have/love/use my Pronto. (I have 1 First gen, a second gen and an 9400) Was way ahead of it's time. Great capability...but like HS, it takes a little time to get it setup, but once done, it makes things SO much easier.

Still haven't seen a remote that could touch it.
                      My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Yeah, I also still use the 9800, 9600 and 9300. I tried replacing it with tablets. but I really miss the hard keys for volume and channel selection.

Comment

That is why I do not get a return phone call! They are closed.

Wink,
                          With 4 million devices reported,

"Rapper Will.i.am's IoT startup Wink will be pivoting to a subscription model this week after the shocking realization that servers cost money to run.
                          Until recently, Wink's pricing model was "pay once, use forever".

A great thread, will check it over more often.
                          It's a walk down memory lane.

I remember the discovery of a new Automation technology, reading about and thinking how it could be used in my world over the last 25+ years.

And after reading this thread, I think I am now, an insider in the Automation arena.

Thanks, Heathkit, Radio Shack, BSR, X10, Cyberhouse, Omni, Elk, and HS. It has been a ride!

Click image for larger version

Name:	BSR.JPG
Views:	454
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	1419850
                          HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.258

Comment

Hey, I have a couple of them downstairs in a box. Museum pieces!

Comment

I guess we can add CQC to the list. Dean is open sourcing it: https://www.reddit.com/r/homeautomat...mation_system/

Comment

In the HS2 days Dean was going to step away and then he changed his mind. I have never used CQC but feedback I remember is technically superior with a learning curve commitment and no business wrapper to get partnerships, customers and traction.

Comment

Working...
                                X