This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macromark View Post
    SmartLabs (makers of Insteon, owners of smarthome.com) is looking for a buyer (expedited sale) as of 10/18/21.
    Mark, can you point us to the link so we could review or it is just internal broker info currently?

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post

...or it is just internal broker info currently?
      correct
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Tada! Thanks Mark! Answers a lot of questions. Maybe HST???
        The domain name 'smarthome.com' would be good to own!

Comment

SmartLabs (makers of Insteon, owners of smarthome.com) is looking for a buyer (expedited sale) as of 10/18/21.
          Color me shocked.

Jim Speiser
          38-year veteran of Home Automation
          Still don't know squat

Comment

Mark, can you point us to the link so we could review or it is just internal broker info currently?
            Not sure what "internal broker info" means. Is there nothing we can look at to confirm this?

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post

Not sure what "internal broker info" means. Is there nothing we can look at to confirm this?
              You have to come from the world of M&A, due diligence and company acquisition acumen to know what that means. It means the terms are secret and only a few are contacted.

Comment

I started re-reading this entire thread, and apropos of the "How I got into HA/computers/electronics" detour, I think I have you all beat.

My first computer (1964):

Jim Speiser
                Still don't know squat

Comment

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
                  I started re-reading this entire thread, and apropos of the "How I got into HA/computers/electronics" detour, I think I have you all beat.

Jim, I see there is a bug in your logic, shall I deliver some patch ?

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

Jim, I see there is a bug in your logic, shall I deliver some patch ?
                    That's not a bug, it's a feature!

Jim Speiser
                    Still don't know squat

Comment

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post

I like this unit because it does not rely on the Internet and will keep running during a power failure.

Comment

It appears that WGL Designs is no longer in operation. Warren's website (wgldesigns.com) is not operational and it's difficult to find Rain8 or W800 products available for sale. I believe HomeControls had carried the line in the past year or 2 but am not sure. We carried the line for years also and sold the last of our stock in 2017.

Comment

It appears that WGL Designs is no longer in operation. ....
                          That's a shame. At the time the W800 became available, it helped make X10 work so much better and with that, HS1, too. It was kind of a game changer for me with the addition of all the security devices that were now working easily with HS1. I added DS10As to EVERYTHING just because I could! And I could have motion detectors EVERYWHERE and they wouldn't mess with the 16 X10 channels. I went from 20ish devices to 60+ in a matter of weeks. X10 cloud boxes showed up every few days! Anyone get the corkscrew/bottle opener/TV Remote? I had 20 of them! Gave them to non-automation friends just because.... Those were fun and exciting times thanks to the W800 and its companion plug-in!

Comment

The domain name 'smarthome.com' would be good to own!
                            Looks like they are now officially dead. Website is still up but the domain name should be available soon.

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post

That's a shame. At the time the W800 became available, it helped make X10 work so much better and with that, HS1, too. It was kind of a game changer for me with the addition of all the security devices that were now working easily with HS1. I added DS10As to EVERYTHING just because I could! And I could have motion detectors EVERYWHERE and they wouldn't mess with the 16 X10 channels. I went from 20ish devices to 60+ in a matter of weeks. X10 cloud boxes showed up every few days! Anyone get the corkscrew/bottle opener/TV Remote? I had 20 of them! Gave them to non-automation friends just because.... Those were fun and exciting times thanks to the W800 and its companion plug-in!
                              I still have a W800 but it's been out of service for a couple years I guess. I was only using it for a couple Hawkeye motion sensors and slim switch wall controllers. There are very few home automation companies around that we also around when I started with HomeSeer nearly 18 years ago. As of today, looks like SmartHome is another casualty.

Comment

I still have a W800 on the wall and still connected and working with HS 1.7 and it's plugin. The resultant remotes and wireless X-10 devices are long gone so I should go downstairs and unplug it most likely. I just hate touching the 22 year old HS 1.7 Pentium 4 machine with it's 22 yr old power supply and all! Even if it's just to redo the plugin list and remote the WAFW800 plugin from the startup.

Comment

Working...
                                X