This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AutomatedOutlet website is offline.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes it has been rumored that they will be closing BUT...

April 2018 - email came in to my inbox...

"As a previous Automated Outlet customer you know they have been a great PCS UPB/PulseWorx distributor for over 10 years. But as Automated Outlet is closing, if you are a UPB installer or user, we would like to invite you to begin purchasing PulseWorx/UPB products directly from PCS. Companies and individuals can open an account with PCS for a single purchase or to establish an on-going relationship."

Thank you for your participation. Your feedback and opinion is very valuable to us.
      Sincerely,
      Marshall Lester, CEO

Powerline Control Systems, Inc.

Another email came from PCS from same person a couple of days later and apologized for the first email.

Around 2 weeks ago the AO internet site went offline.

Had an automated peer call them and they answered the phone and still quoted him some prices. I called too and the person did was not aware that the web site was down when I told him.

That said call them and see if they answer the phone.

Thinking originally that they were consolidating to one store but maybe they are just closing shop now.

Alternatives are ASI and Home Controls.

Here have been dealing with Worthington....well before AO.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Halo Smart Labs - A cloud-connect smoke alarm solution company... is shutting down: https://www.cnet.com/news/halo-smart...soon-turn-dumb

Comment

Oomi appears to be dead. The website is up but is very broken (pictures aren't loading) and their online store is now offline.
          Last edited by macromark; September 10, 2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Add "Ghost Sites" to catalog HA sites that are still online but are broken or don't appear to have been updated recently. In some cases, message boards are still online too but there are practically no recent posts.

Comment

Lowes dumps Iris hub: https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/lowes-...home-platform/

Comment

Like the video...

Years ago I did see two white robed individuals literally looking like they were praying in front of a nest display at the local big box hardware store. I wish I had taken a video of this experience.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

We knew Lowe's was shopping for a buyer for IRIS... guess they didn't find one. The service is shutting down at the end of March. Another cloud-based smart home hub bites the dust: https://www.reddit.com/r/homeautomat...shutting_down/

Comment

Is Homeseer going to try to help us Iris by Lowes people left out in the cold. I've been looking over your platform and think I like it. Especially due to the local control, so if internet goes down it still works locally. That was my biggest concern with Iris. I primarily used Iris as a self monitored security system with a few automation products. Will Homeseer create a plug in or make a Iris to Homeseer compatibility list. I would like to if we can transfer our sensors to Homeseer and if so what would it take. If I have to switch to a complete different platform that would cost me a pretty good bit of $$$. One big question is would my Iris keypad work with Homeseer.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoot View Post
                      Is Homeseer going to try to help us Iris by Lowes people left out in the cold. I've been looking over your platform and think I like it. Especially due to the local control, so if internet goes down it still works locally. That was my biggest concern with Iris. I primarily used Iris as a self monitored security system with a few automation products. Will Homeseer create a plug in or make a Iris to Homeseer compatibility list. I would like to if we can transfer our sensors to Homeseer and if so what would it take. If I have to switch to a complete different platform that would cost me a pretty good bit of $$$. One big question is would my Iris keypad work with Homeseer.
                      There is a zigbee plugin and a way to add devices not explicitly supported. Check out this thread.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...terface-for-10
                      HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
                      Number of Devices: 1005
                      Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

You can add neeo i think

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                          You can add neeo i think
                          Although the company may dissolve from independent status they are now a part of Control4...

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                            What about HAL? Are they still around? Mr. House?
                            That brought back some memories (for a few years I was the second primary contributor to Mr. House after the author). Don't miss Perl that much

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                              You can add neeo i think
                              Looks like it. The announcement on their site makes it pretty clear that no future NEEO development is going to happen:
                              As of today, no more NEEO products will be shipped. All existing NEEO customers will continue to receive support though and all services will be up for another 24 months.

Comment

This is an interesting thread considering HST is celebrating 20 years this month and is still growing. I look at Wink, SmartHome and others as starter kits for HA. Glorified Clappers. When you get to the point you are wondering, "I wonder if I could do x?" it is time for Homeseer.

Comment

Working...
                                X