Homeseer helpdesk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer helpdesk?

Is anyone else successfully using this? I must have used it in the past, but when trying to reset my pw, it accepts the new pw, prompt me to log in, and then won't accept the new pw.

pw reset message was delayed by unconfigured/incorrectly configured rDNS at h2desk, and the link provided in the email wasn't even technically complete (protocol prefix was missing).

Not a very professional representation.

Mine has behaved the same for some time, never sure why just tried it again and it behaves the same. I think HST know that there was some issue with it as I have seen it mentioned before.

Comment

I had the same problem. I tried to guess my original password and got it - even after going through the failed password reset step. It's sort of ironic that you can't report the problem because you cannot log into the Help Desk!

Maybe they're trying to cut down on Help Desk volume. Their response time was pretty slow to my last submission, even with the password problem.

You could try calling them on the phone. That still seems to work.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Here just logged in to help desk and everything looks fine to me. I have also called the support numbers for Homeseer with no issues over the years.
        Attached Files
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          Here just logged in to help desk and everything looks fine to me. I have also called the support numbers for Homeseer with no issues over the years.
          Try resetting your password

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

no

- Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              no

LOL
              Billy

Comment

I will have someone look into the password reset issue.

On this note, we are not happy with the current helpdesk software, its hosted by a third party and its really hard to get support from them.

So, we are in the process of enabling a new helpdesk. This one is much better, integrates with the store accounts so you don't have to create a new account. Should be available soon.

If you cannot access your helpdesk account, send an email to sales@homeseer.com and someone will reset it for you.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Still has not been corrected yet. Tried to login to help desk to create ticket, created another password using reset process, try to login with new password after confirmation that it was reset, error message> wrong password

Help !

Comment

We are almost ready to launch our new helpdesk, plan is next month.

For now, just post your question here and myself or someone else will assist.

Originally posted by tvlarry View Post
                    Still has not been corrected yet. Tried to login to help desk to create ticket, created another password using reset process, try to login with new password after confirmation that it was reset, error message> wrong password

Help !
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I can't get logged into the helpdesk, so here is my issue. I had already posted on the forum, but had intended to create this ticket for support.

Devices Don't Get Updated in CurrentCost Plugin
                      I have this installed in HS3 with the latest version from the updater. (3.0.0.33) The plugin is configured and the log seems to show it is periodically reading. The devices were created, but never get updated. The are all at zero. I see that there is a .35 in the beta section, but I would prefer stable over beta so I have not installed that.

Jan-24 12:45:07 AM Current Cost Debug: Additional value read: type=1
                      Jan-24 12:45:07 AM Current Cost Debug: Additional value read: sensor=0
                      Jan-24 12:45:01 AM Current Cost Debug: Additional value read: type=1
                      Jan-24 12:45:01 AM Current Cost Debug: Additional value read: sensor=0
                      Jan-24 12:44:55 AM Current Cost Debug: Additional value read: type=1
                      - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                      Web Site
                      YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
                        I can't get logged into the helpdesk, so here is my issue. I had already posted on the forum, but had intended to create this ticket for support.

Devices Don't Get Updated in CurrentCost Plugin
                        I have this installed in HS3 with the latest version from the updater. (3.0.0.33) The plugin is configured and the log seems to show it is periodically reading. The devices were created, but never get updated. The are all at zero. I see that there is a .35 in the beta section, but I would prefer stable over beta so I have not installed that.

Jan-24 12:45:07 AM Current Cost Debug: Additional value read: type=1
                        Jan-24 12:45:07 AM Current Cost Debug: Additional value read: sensor=0
                        Jan-24 12:45:01 AM Current Cost Debug: Additional value read: type=1
                        Jan-24 12:45:01 AM Current Cost Debug: Additional value read: sensor=0
                        Jan-24 12:44:55 AM Current Cost Debug: Additional value read: type=1
                        I don't know the answer but here is something similar you can add your input on - http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=2214 might be the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                          I don't know the answer but here is something similar you can add your input on - http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=2214 might be the same issue.
                          Thanks. I took a look at your bug report. Am I reading this correct that your issues was logged almost a year and half ago and you still don't have this working? Would you say that it would not be a good idea for me to take this beta .35? I certain don't want to exchange one problem for another worse problem. It it one thing for it not to work (at all really) and another for it to screw up the stability of the whole system.
                          - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                          Web Site
                          YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
                            Thanks. I took a look at your bug report. Am I reading this correct that your issues was logged almost a year and half ago and you still don't have this working? Would you say that it would not be a good idea for me to take this beta .35? I certain don't want to exchange one problem for another worse problem. It it one thing for it not to work (at all really) and another for it to screw up the stability of the whole system.
                            I can't say, I don't use the HS CC plugin and have not tried it since HS2. I wrote my own plugin for it that you can find on this board, you are welcome to try that if you are struggling and I don't have any issues reported (the Linux support is untested in mine if you use Linux).

Comment

I hope that you don't mind. I add my comments to the bug. I also changed the priority from normal to major. The functionality is not working at all and I see not work-around in the plugin to get it to work. I would assume, but not sure, that the lower priorities would be set to issues where it is more minor impact or has a work-around.
                              - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                              Web Site
                              YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                              X