X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smokeycoles
    replied
    This is a great idea. Very Well done.
    This is something I am interested in although need to get one! But will gladly test too.
    Do you currently have an idea which fitbits it supports and which ones it does not? (I don't own one yet, sorry if I have misunderstood how it interacts)
    I can see from the website: Zip, One, Flex, Charge, Alta, Charge Hr, Blaze, Surge, Aria (Scales)

Is this something you plan to put in the BETA section of the plugins?

Really nice work

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
    Please Please Please do. I have set this up for myself as well as several other friends and family members. We all use this ability every day.

My screen is a little wonky until I get my larger screen, but this is in my Kitchen.

My cousin's screen is the one that does a competition between her and her Husband. Since setting that up they are both way more active.

It would really suck if we lost this.
    I have absolutely no intention of giving up on this. I use the plugin very much myself (most as a reminder to get to bed when we don't get enough sleep, which happens more often than we like, our youngest daughter likes to keep us awake), and not having Fitbit integration would absolutely ruin much of that automation.

I don't think it's so hard either, much of the work is already done. But I hope that Fitbit themselves are a little more responsive if and when I run into problems porting from OAuth1 to OAuth2...

Not sure if this would be of any help, but it seems like it might be: https://apigee.com/me3/embed/console/fitbit
    Very cool indeed, but I'm not using the API directly. I'm using a .NET library for the Fitbit API.

Leave a comment:

• codemonkey
    replied
    Not sure if this would be of any help, but it seems like it might be: https://apigee.com/me3/embed/console/fitbit

Regards,
    Tony

Leave a comment:

• codemonkey
    replied
    Please Please Please do. I have set this up for myself as well as several other friends and family members. We all use this ability every day.

My screen is a little wonky until I get my larger screen, but this is in my Kitchen.

My cousin's screen is the one that does a competition between her and her Husband. Since setting that up they are both way more active.

It would really suck if we lost this.

Tony
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Okay, I have one month to update this plugin. OAuth 1.0 will not be supported after August 1st.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Ok just did something really cool.

I added two fit bit accounts (make sure you give each account a different room name),
    then I created two home screens for my HStouch screens. Both show the fitbit data for both users but Home1 shows userx as winning and puts their data on top, the other shows the other user. I set this up for a friend.

Then I grabbed the free plugin here: http://board.homeseer.com/attachment...6&d=1437604249

just copy it in to your HS3 root folder and activate it. Once done, you will have the ability to create an event where the value of one device is greater than the value of a second device. I use this to set the screens.

It's working perfectly as they are now competing daily to keep their home screen on the screens.

Tony
    Wow, cool idea!

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Nice. Gotta charge mine...

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Leave a comment:

• codemonkey
    replied
    Ok just did something really cool.

I added two fit bit accounts (make sure you give each account a different room name),
    then I created two home screens for my HStouch screens. Both show the fitbit data for both users but Home1 shows userx as winning and puts their data on top, the other shows the other user. I set this up for a friend.

Then I grabbed the free plugin here: http://board.homeseer.com/attachment...6&d=1437604249

just copy it in to your HS3 root folder and activate it. Once done, you will have the ability to create an event where the value of one device is greater than the value of a second device. I use this to set the screens.

It's working perfectly as they are now competing daily to keep their home screen on the screens.

Tony

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Thanks, but I already have some new icons. I've just not gotten around to publish them yet.

Leave a comment:

• codemonkey
    replied
    I through together some transparent icons for your plugin. A little more HSTouch friendly.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• codemonkey
    replied
    I thought steps was missing but I was mistaken.

One other thing that would be cool would be device for last update time.

Another thing that I noticed was that when you create a text box in hstouch and add "Activity Active Minutes", the text format doesn't work. The txt and numbers wrap incorrectly.

I didn't check sleep quality, but it might be the same for that.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    I'm still a fairly active Fitbit user, and I am planning to develop the plugin further. However, life has a way of being busy with two small kids, and (sadly) I have many projects...

The only number I see missing units are the Calories. Are there others?

Leave a comment:

• codemonkey
    replied
    I am using your plug-in and let me say THANK YOU! This is really cool.
    If I may make one suggestion though.

If you are going to add the unit of measure to the data (example: 4.7 miles, or 181.2 lbs) You should add it to all of the data. Or remove it from all of the data points. Either way would be fine. The reason for this is that when you are creating an HSTouch screen it is hard to line everything up when the format is different for the different data points. When I have numeric data to display, I usually right justify the numbers so that I can line up all of the unit's of measure neatly.

I really hope you have the time to work on this project and keep it functional as this is one that I will get a lot of use from.

Tony

Leave a comment:

• Hittr
    replied
    Ability to graph values

Moskus,

Great plugin, working well with my system. Is it possible (maybe I'm missing something) to graph values over time with the plugin? If not is there a recommended way to achieve this with either some scripting or a 3rd party plugin?

Thanks,

HittR

Leave a comment:

• cbabkirk
    replied
    Using Syncing for Presence

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Never hurts to ask if something can be done. We will continue to watch this space to see what new features or functions might be added in response to user requests or your imagination. Great job so far....

-Cliff

Leave a comment:

Working...
X