X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by cbabkirk View Post
    Is it possible to force a sync from HS via your plug-in or an HS event and determine if the sync was successful?
    Sadly, no. FitbitSeer is not a Fitbit client, and it's not possible to tell another Fitbit client to start syncing except from the client itself.

Even if the time for "last sync" was displayed (which it can), I'm not sure it can be used in this manner. A lack of sync'ing is not only due to the device not being close to the PC (or phone), but you might have been stationary too. It only syncs when there is new data to send.

Leave a comment:

• cbabkirk
    replied
    FitBit Present?

Is it possible to force a sync from HS via your plug-in or an HS event and determine if the sync was successful?

Assumption: I am almost always wearing the FitBit.

If my goal is to tell if the FitBit is "at home" (within range to complete a sync) or not "at home" (assumes it was not within range to complete a sync or was dead-low battery), then a sync test might fit the bill. Since I have a computer (HS3 host) that is "always on" and if the FitBit dongle were fitted to that computer, then a request to sync, if possible, would most likely succeed unless it could not locate the FitBit. Perhaps this is not possible.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Sure, sharing ideas is a way to bring things forward!

But Fitbit is not "live streaming" its data to the servers, so there is sadly no simple way to use Fitbits API for this. It would be cool if it could, though.

Leave a comment:

• cbabkirk
    replied
    Using FitBit To Detect Occupancy

Good point on the "in the pocket not detecting heart rate". Still very new to the FitBit so still trying to understand what and when it does its stuff.

Since I am not familiar with what the API offers access to, I thought I would throw the concept out there to see what might be possible. I am encouraged that you think this would be a good feature as well as it means, if you are like me, I would need to figure out a way to do this.

I think you might be on the right track with BT LE. I will continue to follow your progress on this plug-in. Great job so far!

-Cliff

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    I too am interested in the resting heart rate but perhaps for a different reason. As we plan to wear the FitBits either on the wrist or in a pocket, I am looking for a way to tell that the FitBit is not "present" on the person such as if it was left on the night stand or left in a public bathroom or lost.
    If you wear a Fitbit in the pocket, it can't detect heart rate, so I don't think that's a no-go.

But I have been wondering about this too. It all comes down to syncronizing but that depends on a number of factors. It could be that the app isn't running or if you are out of range of the computer.

I am also looking to be able to tell that the FitBit is not in proximity to residence. I want to use it to tell when I am "at home" or not "at home" in order to trigger events such as turn off lights left on or turn down t-stat or any number of other things were a status should change when we leave. Of course if there is more than one FitBit in operation (me & wife), I would have to check the status of both so I do not turn things off/down when I leave and my wife is still at home.
    The Fitbit API can't be used like that at the moment. 1) The GPS is not running all the time and 2) it still only sends data when it is syncronized (via app or PC).

But what you are describing is my dream too. Both me and my wife are wearing our Fitbit Ones all the time (there are only two exceptions to that, and one is when we shower). Being able to track the Fitbits would be awesome. I've looked into Bluetooth LE to see if that could do the trick, and I think it does.

But at the moment there aren't any "reasonably priced" solutions that can do this.

Leave a comment:

• cbabkirk
    replied
    Additional Features

I would have to agree with Trollkarlen, this plug-in is great. No problems at all installing it and setting up the account. All metrics seem to track well with the FitBit dashboard on the PC and cell phone. I look forward to future releases with additional features mentioned here on the forum.

I too am interested in the resting heart rate but perhaps for a different reason. As we plan to wear the FitBits either on the wrist or in a pocket, I am looking for a way to tell that the FitBit is not "present" on the person such as if it was left on the night stand or left in a public bathroom or lost.

I am also looking to be able to tell that the FitBit is not in proximity to residence. I want to use it to tell when I am "at home" or not "at home" in order to trigger events such as turn off lights left on or turn down t-stat or any number of other things were a status should change when we leave. Of course if there is more than one FitBit in operation (me & wife), I would have to check the status of both so I do not turn things off/down when I leave and my wife is still at home.

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    Hmmm! This is weird! I haven't heard back from Fitbit yet (I'm actually surprised by this as they have been very helpful earlier), but the forums showed that I'm not alone.

I'll have to check again, maybe I'm missed some message from them.

But I'm glad it works!

You have two wrists, don't you?

Seriously, this is why I love the Fitbit One. It's with me all the time.
    Lol ...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by JimBob View Post
    Just noticed that I am no longer getting these crashes of the plugin. I still have the hourly event calling the refresh. Looking at the windows event log, the crashing stopped on 18 November in the early morning (shortly before a windows crash - mmm).

Anyway, it's behaving itself now.
    Hmmm! This is weird! I haven't heard back from Fitbit yet (I'm actually surprised by this as they have been very helpful earlier), but the forums showed that I'm not alone.

I'll have to check again, maybe I'm missed some message from them.

But I'm glad it works!

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
    Xmas made a sad day for this fitbit user... well ex-fitbit user...

Now a Samsung Gear S2 Classic owner. Fitbit does a better job at tracking...

You have two wrists, don't you?

Seriously, this is why I love the Fitbit One. It's with me all the time.

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Xmas made a sad day for this fitbit user... well ex-fitbit user...

Now a Samsung Gear S2 Classic owner. Fitbit does a better job at tracking...

Leave a comment:

• JimBob
    replied
    Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    I haven't heard back from Fitbit yet. This issue is still going strong, right?
    Just noticed that I am no longer getting these crashes of the plugin. I still have the hourly event calling the refresh. Looking at the windows event log, the crashing stopped on 18 November in the early morning (shortly before a windows crash - mmm).

Anyway, it's behaving itself now.

Leave a comment:

• sesykes71
    replied
    Raspbian Jessie.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Which Linux distribution are you running?

Leave a comment:

• sesykes71
    replied
    No it is not a Zee2. It is a plain Raspberry Pi 2. I has the Z-stick installed and is running WeatherXML, X10, Concord 4, and a Honeywell Thermostat.
    Your plugin seems to run fine. There is an error in the log about stairs but I am not sure my Fitbit Flex has stairs.
    Dec-09 12:26:19 FitbitSeer Timer elapsed. Huzza! New random value: 60 Dec-09 12:21:26 FitbitSeer Debug Could not get stairs count
    Great job on the plugin.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by sesykes71 View Post
    I have just installed the Fitbitseer plugin on my RaspberryPi homeseer. It seems to run fine so far.
    Thank you for the plugin. I will keep you informed if there is an issue.
    Woa! Does it run on a Raspberry Pi?

Could you give me some info on your setup? It's not a Zee2, is it?

.... to those who have that annoying problem with Fitbit, I'm still waiting to hear more from them. They are looking into issues with some accounts/apps apparently.

Leave a comment:

• sesykes71
    replied
    I have just installed the Fitbitseer plugin on my RaspberryPi homeseer. It seems to run fine so far.
    Thank you for the plugin. I will keep you informed if there is an issue.

Steve

Leave a comment:

Working...
X