Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
    Ok just did something really cool.

I added two fit bit accounts (make sure you give each account a different room name),
    then I created two home screens for my HStouch screens. Both show the fitbit data for both users but Home1 shows userx as winning and puts their data on top, the other shows the other user. I set this up for a friend.

Then I grabbed the free plugin here: http://board.homeseer.com/attachment...6&d=1437604249

just copy it in to your HS3 root folder and activate it. Once done, you will have the ability to create an event where the value of one device is greater than the value of a second device. I use this to set the screens.

It's working perfectly as they are now competing daily to keep their home screen on the screens.

Tony
    Wow, cool idea!
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Okay, I have one month to update this plugin. OAuth 1.0 will not be supported after August 1st.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Please Please Please do. I have set this up for myself as well as several other friends and family members. We all use this ability every day.

My screen is a little wonky until I get my larger screen, but this is in my Kitchen.

My cousin's screen is the one that does a competition between her and her Husband. Since setting that up they are both way more active.

It would really suck if we lost this.

Tony
        Attached Files
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
        Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
        Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Not sure if this would be of any help, but it seems like it might be: https://apigee.com/me3/embed/console/fitbit

Regards,
          Tony

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Please Please Please do. I have set this up for myself as well as several other friends and family members. We all use this ability every day.

My screen is a little wonky until I get my larger screen, but this is in my Kitchen.

My cousin's screen is the one that does a competition between her and her Husband. Since setting that up they are both way more active.

It would really suck if we lost this.
            I have absolutely no intention of giving up on this. I use the plugin very much myself (most as a reminder to get to bed when we don't get enough sleep, which happens more often than we like, our youngest daughter likes to keep us awake), and not having Fitbit integration would absolutely ruin much of that automation.

I don't think it's so hard either, much of the work is already done. But I hope that Fitbit themselves are a little more responsive if and when I run into problems porting from OAuth1 to OAuth2...

Not sure if this would be of any help, but it seems like it might be: https://apigee.com/me3/embed/console/fitbit
            Very cool indeed, but I'm not using the API directly. I'm using a .NET library for the Fitbit API.

Comment

This is a great idea. Very Well done.
              This is something I am interested in although need to get one! But will gladly test too.
              Do you currently have an idea which fitbits it supports and which ones it does not? (I don't own one yet, sorry if I have misunderstood how it interacts)
              I can see from the website: Zip, One, Flex, Charge, Alta, Charge Hr, Blaze, Surge, Aria (Scales)

Is this something you plan to put in the BETA section of the plugins?

Really nice work

Comment

Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
                This is a great idea. Very Well done.
                This is something I am interested in although need to get one! But will gladly test too.
                Do you currently have an idea which fitbits it supports and which ones it does not? (I don't own one yet, sorry if I have misunderstood how it interacts)
                I can see from the website: Zip, One, Flex, Charge, Alta, Charge Hr, Blaze, Surge, Aria (Scales)

Is this something you plan to put in the BETA section of the plugins?

Really nice work
                The plugin does not read directly from the Fitbit devices, it just gathers data from the Fitbit database, so any device should work. The devices have some differences though. For example, some support heart rate logging, others don't. Some support stairs climbed count, others don't.

I'll put it in the updater eventually, but I've known for a while now that at some point I had to update to OAuth2. I just didn't know it was so soon...

Comment

FitBit Messages

I was wondering if it is possible via the API (or other) to send the FitBit messages? They would, of course, be short unless there is a scroll capability. I know that currently when someone calls me, the number is somehow (bluetooth) communicated from my phone to the FitBit. I could see a use via the plugin to send HS device status or conditions to the FitBit much like the HS speak function is used now via an event. Perhaps name of a zone that has faulted in my security system. I don;t always check text msgs sent to my phone and sometimnes don't have my phone on me but the FitBit is worn like a watch; always on me.

Comment

Originally posted by cbabkirk View Post
                    I was wondering if it is possible via the API (or other) to send the FitBit messages? They would, of course, be short unless there is a scroll capability. I know that currently when someone calls me, the number is somehow (bluetooth) communicated from my phone to the FitBit. I could see a use via the plugin to send HS device status or conditions to the FitBit much like the HS speak function is used now via an event. Perhaps name of a zone that has faulted in my security system. I don;t always check text msgs sent to my phone and sometimnes don't have my phone on me but the FitBit is worn like a watch; always on me.
                    I'll see about this. It might be possible, but I think that Fitbit should add notifications to their watches instead.

And I'm still deep in frustration about the OAuth 2.0 conversion. I won't make it to August 1st....

Comment

Hello MOSKUS,

The messages thing is not urgent but one of those "nice to have if possible" things.

Certainly the auth conversion should be your focus. Don't beat yourself up over an Aug 1st deadline. We all appreciate what you have accomplished so far so take a deep breath and take the time needed so you will be satisfied with the result.

I agree on the messages to the watch version but for those with the Charge and earlier models, we must get by on these for now. I am satisfied with what the Charge gives me and probably will be for quite awhile before I swap that out for something fancier.

Comment

... and there it is: Gone.

But luckily, after bother people at the Fitbit boards, I got help from the Fitbit.NET developers directly! Much better! I hope to update the plugin soon, but it might take a few days (or even a week).

Comment

Thanks for the update. We all really appreciate the time your putting in to this.

Tony

Comment

Thanks for the update. We all really appreciate the time your putting in to this.

Tony
                            +1

Comment

Yup, going to miss this while it's gone. It's been a nice addition to the touch screen info page...my wife and I competing to see who has more steps each day.
                              Bryan
                              Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                              Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Happy to beta test for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X