No announcement yet.

FitbitSeer, a Fitbit plugin for HS3 - Need beta testers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I'm going to need beta-testers. I've found a way to authenticate, but 1) it needs testing and 2) I don't know how long an authentication will last (until the auth. token expires), so we'll need to figure that out.
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

A little more internal testing now, and we're ready for the next "public" beta!

However, there are a few caveats:
      • I think you need to delete all existing Fitbit devices. I can't make it work while upgrading, so I apologize deeply to those of you that have huge HStouch projects using FitbitSeer. (But don't delete your devices quite yet! I'm trying something...)
      • OAuth2.0 is weird, and I have to specify a callback URI to get my "Fitbit application" approved. That's a problem, because you all have your own servers! A workaround is in progress.
      • As OAuth2.0 for Fitbit is so "very super secure", tokens doesn't last longher than maximum 8 hours. That means that if FitbitSeer is stopped (for one reason or another) for more than 8 hours, you need to re-authenticate all accounts.

But I do have some good news too.
      • OAuth1.0a didn't permit me to get heart rate, but now I should be able to.
      • In the new Fitbit.NET library there are new kinds of data available too, like locations and settings. I'm not sure I'll add it all, we'll see.

At the moment though, the authenciation is the most important thing, so we'll see how that works.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Well done, Moskus!
        Btw i'm late to this party and j'm very interested in joining (right now wearing Basis Peak, looking to move to Charge HR maybe)... and i have one question:

Ia it possible to determjne whether the user is awake or asleep? (With the 5 minutes update delay). I can see there are devices stating when the user falls asleep and when they woke up, is that generated on the fly and can we act upon that?

Ideally it would be awesome if there is a single device stating whether the user is awake/not cheers
        HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
          Well done, Moskus!

Ideally it would be awesome if there is a single device stating whether the user is awake/not cheers
          Agreed, nice work. We have two chrage hr bands and an scale. I'd be glad to test betas.

I'd also like simple ways to deternine wake/sleep states.

Comment

No sadly, sleep is only updated after the sleep is stopped. There's nothing I can do about it, but I would also like a sleeping/awake status device.

Comment

FitbitSeer 0.2.0.0 is out now! Check the first post!

Comment

That's great, thanks. I'll give it a go over the weekend.

Comment

Not sure what I did wrong but I ended up with 4 account root devices (I only have one device connected.) The instructions on the front page are a bit scattered due to keeping some of the info from version one. I think I would recommend a bit of a re-write. Also the version for the plugin still shows 1.x

Tony
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                  Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                  Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Figured out what I did. If you are upgrading from a previous version then you really do not want to do anything in the configuration part of the plugin. Just go to the root device for each Fitbit device you have, click on the name to get in to the device settings, then click on the Fitbit tab. there is where you reauthenitcate. The configuration page does not show a list of connected devices so you may be led to believe that they are gone. They are not. In the future it might be nice to have the devices managed solely from the configuration page rather than from a root device.

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
                      In the future it might be nice to have the devices managed solely from the configuration page rather than from a root device.
                      I see your point, but I don't agree.

All the account information is stored in the root device. The beauty of that is that the devices are much easier to manage. You don't need manage some settings file or stuff like that. You can move the devices around and rename them without worrying.

BUT that being said. I can of course show all accounts in your system on the configuration page, and I can link directly to the config tab on the root devices. It's a great idea, I'll add it soon.

Comment

Ah, I like your idea better. Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
                          Ah, I like your idea better. Cool!
                          I'd call it a refinement of your idea...

Comment

So far, so good. Easy upgrade. Using the new version with two accounts and everything is running great! Thanks!
                            Bryan
                            Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                            Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

I would agree, everything appears to be working as it should.

Comment

I've just installed 0.2.0.0 but when I enter my new authentication code nothing happens, no errors, no further info displayed. There are no messages in the HS log.
                                Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X