Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• collegeboyslive
    replied
    Can we log heart rate with this and using the fitbit surge that continuously monitors heart rate?

looking at this on the api: https://dev.fitbit.com/docs/heart-rate/

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    just got a fitbit charge HR... so will be playing around with the plugin..

I am still building a new machine so I will get to mess around and figure things out then redo.... cant wait to see this in action!

Leave a comment:

• JimBob
    replied
    eek, let's hope it's a one off.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Hmmm! Not to sound alarming, but could it be that your HS3 database is having problems?

The plugin can't create new roots without you adding them manually. All account information is stored in the root devices, not anywhere else. When the update timer triggers, it fetches all roots from HS3, finds the Fitbit object on each device, and triggers my Update function on the Fitbit object.

Leave a comment:

• JimBob
    replied
    Yep, ok.
    I stopped the plugin, deleted all devices and the ini file. Restarted the plugin and then I had 3 new roots!?? I deleted two of them, went through the Add Account process and the devices are working again now.

Will see if they're maintained the next time I restart HS.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by JimBob View Post
    Thanks for the update. Good to know they're on the hit-list.

As for the error, I'm on 3.0.0.197
    That's not old. That's not old at all!

Then I have no other idea other than try again, and see if it helps. If not, please report back.

Leave a comment:

• JimBob
    replied
    Thanks for the update. Good to know they're on the hit-list.

As for the error, I'm on 3.0.0.197

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Hi, Jim and thanks for the kind words. All items on the wish list is on the ToDo-list, but I keep hitting the wall with my interpretation of the Fitbit API. I'm still keeping at it, and have sent a few questions to the developers, and will look into it agan when I receive answers.

Originally posted by JimBob View Post
    What's the best way to tidy this up? Delete the old devices and add the account again? How can I stop this happening again?
    This should really not be happening. It seems like the Fitbit object the plugin makes when you add the account isn't stored in the device.

I haven't seen that, except one time. I was testing the plugin with a (very) old installation of HS3.
    Which version are you using?

Leave a comment:

• JimBob
    replied
    So, I had to restart HS3 and I got this error at startup:
    FitbitSeer ERROR FitbitSetup, GetData: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Now my devices are not updating (even after requesting a manual refresh) except for calories burned.
    There is also a new "root" device "FitbitSeer FitbitSeer Account Root" (as well as my original "Account Root". When I go to the configuration page, it doesn't show my account but just the Add Account button?

What's the best way to tidy this up? Delete the old devices and add the account again? How can I stop this happening again?

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• JimBob
    replied
    I've just installed this plugin and is working great straight away.

Features I would like to see are (some already raised):
    Battery Level
    Date/Time of last sync (from device to cloud)
    Ability to store/view previous day's statistics.

Thanks for a really useful plugin.

Leave a comment:

• rwiese1
    replied
    LOL I got 25,000 steps in one Saturday morning on a 4 hour ride. WooHoo
    Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
    I have installed this app and it does work without issue it seems. It is a little delayed because of the fitbit app itself and not this app, but that is to be expected.

Side Note I found out this weekend, if you are in a competition with your wife and wanna cheat... buy a harley

I average 2000 steps for a 30 min ride.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    The plugin just reads data from the Fitbit API, so if there's data in the Fitbit database it is accessible by the plugin.

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Originally posted by cjohlandt View Post
    I have the Charge HR and it the plugin supports it with no problem.

-Chris

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Me too. Works very well

Leave a comment:

• cjohlandt
    replied
    I have the Charge HR and it the plugin supports it with no problem.

-Chris

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    so does it also support fitbit charge? I cant do the one.. a pedometer style wont work... need it on my wrist..

going to get a fitbit tonight or a charge...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X