HELP > I have spent the afternoon trying to get my scale setup
    I cannot get the wifi to connect
    I am running WPA2 from a Asus router
    I have the network name, I have the mac
    keeps saying not connected

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Wayne, I haven't received a notice for almost 12 hours, so perhaps we should try setting it back to 5 minutes?

5 min intervals should still leave plenty of headroom.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
    Ok so it is me. I have never changed the refresh rate. I will bump it up to 10 though. Honestly I haven't even opened the app since install and don't have any events running on it. So by sure what is happening.
    If it actually is refreshing every 5 minutes, this should NOT be a problem. Not by a long shot!

Could you try disable and reenable it again?

Leave a comment:

• waynehead99
    replied
    Ok so it is me. I have never changed the refresh rate. I will bump it up to 10 though. Honestly I haven't even opened the app since install and don't have any events running on it. So by sure what is happening.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    You can actually find it on the Fitbit tab on the root device in HomeSeer.

Leave a comment:

• waynehead99
    replied
    How would one find this info for the user? I checked my refresh and it is 5 minutes. But want to make sure it's not me

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    I would be VERY grateful if "Wane E" (user 3L67TC) could set the refresh rate back to 5 minutes or slower. At the moment I'm getting spammed from the API people at Fitbit as a user is exeeding the limit.

I'm surprised by this as it is exeeded not more than 26 minutes after a full hour. That's 150 requests in 26 minues. I'm not sure how it's counted exactly, but I think FitbitSeer does 3 or 4 requests each refresh, so that's close to a refresh every 30 seconds.

Keep in mind that Fitbit devices aren't "live" in any way. The step counter isn't publishing directly to the web, so I can't really get the data any faster anyway.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• waynehead99
    replied
    I have installed this app and it does work without issue it seems. It is a little delayed because of the fitbit app itself and not this app, but that is to be expected.

Side Note I found out this weekend, if you are in a competition with your wife and wanna cheat... buy a harley

I average 2000 steps for a 30 min ride.

Leave a comment:

• ORNVM
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    Also, out of curiosity, is the Fitbit API only supports polling, or is it possible to be notified for example when the scale sync its data.
    https://wiki.fitbit.com/display/API/...scriptions+API

Looks like they do support push.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    just bought an Aria scale and I'm using the FibitSeer plugin. Thank you for developing it, it works great.

I get the following error in the logs though:
    Jul-11 4:37:17 PM FitbitSeer Debug Could not get stairs count
    and it says HttpError:BadRequest in the console.

I saw you have plans to add "Body fat", that would be great.

Also, out of curiosity, is the Fitbit API only supports polling, or is it possible to be notified for example when the scale sync its data.

Leave a comment:

• gearyt
    replied
    based upon your success's, I have one on order..
    no one gets to call me fat....

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Resistor
    replied
    Our Aria has been rock solid since the most recent update. No issues.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    I can't talk about other people's experiences, but for us it has been perfect. It has never had an Wifi drop out, I'm actually quite impressed by that.

My wife and I together wouldn't come close to 350 lbs, so thats' not really something I can be the judge of. But it has no problems in the lower end of the scale, our two girls (aged 2 and 4) can use the it. However, they are so close in weight and build that the Aria has difficulty separating the two.

Leave a comment:

• gearyt
    replied
    Originally posted by ORNVM View Post
    Lots of reports of it not reporting into fitbit right, loosing connection to wifi constantly, those sorts of things. Maybe just early adopters and firmware has caught up and fixed everything. Thanks for the info that its been working well for you.
    also working for a period of time then stopping.. scared me off as they were current dates on reviews

Leave a comment:

• gmitch64
    replied
    Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    What is it that these reviewers don't like?
    Well, I think it still has a 350lb limit on it. Otherwise it says you weigh MAX. Which is unhelpful, and also the name of our cat.

G

Leave a comment:

Working...
X